Games giveaway

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:15 am

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:What are the conditions for trading? Must you have not played the game at all?

(I've got a couple that I tried for less than 10 minutes and/or only played offline)

You need to have it as "gift" form, in your steam inventory. Clicking "add to library" will remove it as a tradable item and you'll have the game locked to your account instead.
    Viking34

Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:11 am

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:35 pm

• MattyRasker wrote:
    Thanos wrote:Endless Space Emperor Edition

Thanos, if this is a spare duplicate copy that needs a new home then I'm happy to oblige, but I'd feel more comfortable if I could give you something back in return :\

Don't worry about it. I got it in Humble Jumbo Bundle 4. The games I actually wanted in that bundle were Outland, Mercenary Kings, and Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II. In total got 9 games for ~$6 so I really don't mind parting with the duplicate copies (Stanley Parable and Endless Space in this case) for free. I got more than my money's worth just from the 3 I was interested in.

One of these days when my budget allows I'm going to have to make a much larger charity donation through Humble to make up for exploiting the platform for cheap games all this time. I've been treating the site like a games discount store when it's really supposed to be about supporting charities.

I'll PM you the key for Endless Space shortly.
    Thanos

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:08 pm

• MattyRasker wrote:I remember my Chivalry days. Generally its a good game, and it was good fun when it first came out, but the community was getting more and more difficult to play with.

I do however recommend The Ship - great LAN game. And of course Civ 5.

Didn't quite enjoy Chivalry myself, guess it's just not my kind of game.

The Ship however I found much fun. You do need to look in the Steam servers list to join a multiplayer game, in-game it's no longer possible to do it.

And Civ5 was good, but I played the original Civ for nights on end and none of the sequels brought back that same thrill.
    Also, Civ5 only becomes good when you add the (expensive) DLC's.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    (The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)
    Mr_Twister

Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:26 pm

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:What are the conditions for trading? Must you have not played the game at all?

(I've got a couple that I tried for less than 10 minutes and/or only played offline)

Since there seems to be a lot of confusion about this, I'd like to clarify the steam inventory and trading system.

You can not trade or gift a game from your steam library. Whether you installed it or played it doesn't even matter, in your library means it's tied to your account and can't be traded or gifted away.

The games I'm gifting are in my steam inventory. There are several ways you can get a game in your inventory :
    - buy a game and choose "buy as a gift". Some games give discounts when you buy a 4-pack, so the extra copies end up in your inventory.
    - some game promotions (especially pre-orders or early access) may include a copy of an older game from the same developer. If you already had that game in your library, you get a gift copy instead. Example was a free copy of Portal for everyone pre-ordering Portal 2. Obviously those people all had Portal already and ended up with gift copies.
    - receive a gift from someone.
    - steam trading (between both inventories)

Also good to know that the steam inventory isn't limited to gift copies of games, it may also contain coupons, trading cards and even in-game items (guns, hats, energy, whatever) from some of the games. All this can be traded, unless it specifically mentions otherwise ("tradeable" or "not tradeable"). Similarly each item also mentions whether you can sell it on the steam market ("marketable" or "not marketable"), which is mostly for in-game stuff.

In your case, Spite, if you have a game that you haven't really played much, you may refer to the Steam refund policy. Refunds used to be almost non-existent on Steam, but some time ago this has completely changed. I believe you can ask for a refund of any game in your library that you have played less than 2 hours, no questions asked. Obviously only if you bought it after the new policy came into effect.
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    Mr_Twister

Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:55 pm

• Mr_Twister wrote:
    In your case, Spite, if you have a game that you haven't really played much, you may refer to the Steam refund policy. Refunds used to be almost non-existent on Steam, but some time ago this has completely changed. I believe you can ask for a refund of any game in your library that you have played less than 2 hours, no questions asked. Obviously only if you bought it after the new policy came into effect.

Oh really?? I knew about the policy, but I thought that it was literally 2 hours worth of time from the point of your downloading it.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:46 am

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:
    Mr_Twister wrote:

Oh really?? I knew about the policy, but I thought that it was literally 2 hours worth of time from the point of your downloading it.

I think you also have to have owned it for less than two weeks.
    Viking34

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:51 am

• Viking34 wrote:I think you also have to have owned it for less than two weeks.

Seems you are right, although it also mentions that you can still apply even if you fall outside the normal rules. I assume they just put in some limits to prevent abuse. If you've never asked a refund before, I'm pretty sure it'll easily get accepted.

if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.
    Mr_Twister

Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:54 am

• Updated first post to show the games still availalble.

Ped, Viking and myself are hoping to find another person interested in Guns Of Icarus (GOIO) to form a crew and "regularly" play together. So if you have any interest, go ahead and grab that last copy. ;-)
    Mr_Twister

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Information