Who is Robert Pelloni? What are your thoughts on bob's game?

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn

• Robert Pelloni wrote: I slowly learned how we are tricked by desire and greed and kept weak and blinded by criminal syndicates. I realized that is what I had been fighting against the whole time, subconsciously! Even more incredible, I learned what humans are truly capable of- discovering that we are indeed magical creatures with psychic powers! It's the greatest trick in history- we are all great wizards, reduced to spending our lives so distracted, we never even realize our own power!

Do I have your attention now? Good. This is a quote from the bob's game kickstarter, a role playing game developed solely by one man over five years. You may have heard of it, because a couple of years ago the creator began a one man protest against Nintendo whereupon he locked himself in his room for one hundred days. He did so in response to Nintendo's failure to give him development tools for their NDS device, but later claimed that the stunt, as well as acts of vandalism and threats to Nintendo afterwards, were all an elaborate attempt to gain publicity.
    From then on, he signed a deal with OUYA, who promised to pay a dollar to him every dollar pledged from backers through Kickstarter. This particular Kickstarter failed, but now he's back with another one. He asks for $20 for his game. Not just his game alone though. For that $20, you will also receive his new handheld gaming console, the "nD" (*cough cough, future lawsuit, cough). Yes, ladies and gentlewizards, you did hear me correctly. This is perhaps the first indie developer to release their own console, and most definitely the first with a one man team.

However, most of your pledge will not go towards development directly, but rather to a "hack van". A place for him to live, and work. Chances are he won''t be making a profit from this. Robert Pelloni's purpose with this game, is to campaign "against the treatment of developers by the big console companies".

This is perhaps the strangest Kickstarter I have ever seen. I would like to say, I'm not condoning or condemning this project. I simply don't know what to think. So, like many others, I'm asking the internet to do that for me.

What are your thoughts on Pelloni? Is he delusional, a genius, or both? Or is this all just an elaborate trick?

I'll leave you with one final quote;
    Robert Pelloni wrote:"bob's game" is a game about a puzzle game called 'bob's game,' developed within the game by the virtual "bob" character, the "final boss" of the game. It is a hybrid between Zelda, Pokemon, Harvest Moon, and Earthbound, with massively multiplayer elements.

Oh, and here's the link to the kickstarter;
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bo ... =discovery
    Prudent Viper

• Bob
    Fiat lux

SteamID: Beamster72
    Beamster
    GOD

• Beamster wrote:Bob

Funny name for a girl.
    Who's that riding across the plain?
    Who's lost count of the foes he's slain?
    Who's the man who's plumb insane?
    Kahangriel! Kahangriel! Kahangriel!
    Kahangriel
    GOD

• worto03 wrote:it would be a funny name for a girl, but it's a perfectly normal name for a strapping young lad like Bob

Bob, you're a girl, and you have the same talent for disguise as a giraffe in sunglasses trying to get into a polar-bears-only golf club.
    Kahangriel
    GOD

• Polar bears?
    Sephorin
    GOD

• I take it you're not a Blackadder fan.
    Image Ace of Spades
    (my latest Dragon Coins rare creature)
    XBL | YT
    2D or 3D artists, translators needed!
    DigitalDuck

• DigitalDuck wrote:I take it you're not a Blackadder fan.

And Hugh Laurie is Dr House instead of George.
    Kahangriel
    GOD

Return to Off Topic

Information