Phoenix Point - Julian Gollop's next game

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn

• So far there's no general info about the game; only concept art.
    But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.
    TΛPETRVE

• There will be multiplayer, but the game's focus (as far as I am aware) will be around a single player campaign - as in not a MP focused game like CR.
    UnstableVoltage

• UnstableVoltage wrote:There will be multiplayer, but the game's focus (as far as I am aware) will be around a single player campaign - as in not a MP focused game like CR.

The game sounds cool so either's good for me.
    Farious

• I'm an MP fan but it seems far easier to achieve success in SP based games. XCOM's MP is broken but the game is still a success.

My theory for most TBS games is that devs often don't include MP as it would expose all the flaws in the game design and makes the balancing an horrendous chore. SP only is a lot easier to build... it's almost cheating... :)
    stubar

• A game balanced for MP seems to engender a few complaints for SP aficionados. E.g., in games balanced for SP, then players can scale difficulty so that they're always the hero/winner/etc. (There is nothing wrong with this, mind you, as it's perfectly reasonable to want to escape from the drudgery of the so-called parity of an ordinary life.)

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• NoWorries wrote:A game balanced for MP seems to engender a few complaints for SP aficionados. E.g., in games balanced for SP, then players can scale difficulty so that they're always the hero/winner/etc. (There is nothing wrong with this, mind you, as it's perfectly reasonable to want to escape from the drudgery of the so-called parity of an ordinary life.)

Yup, in SP things can be rigged. In MP if you did that it would cause rage!!
    stubar

• I'd like to see MP too. With competitive and challenging gameplay like in CR.
    dexz

• dexz wrote:I'd like to see MP too. With competitive and challenging gameplay like in CR.

& if I can play the bad guys/aliens like in Reblestar 2 I'd be one super happy chappy :)
    Farious

• Say hello to the first screenshot. Looks quite a bit like the new XCOM, doesn't it.

More stuff to be unveiled at the upcoming E3.
    But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.
    TΛPETRVE

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Information