Phoenix Point - Julian Gollop's next game

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn

• Oh you rascals, I see you all are in the campaign!

Hope this one will not be as touch and go as Chaos, fingers crossed for Slingshot drowning in money. They definitely need it, have you seen their office from pitch video?
    TODO list:
    - find a God/Goddess
    - Throw magic bolts in other wizard faces
    - get some Wizard Lords to settle on my lands in exchange for bacon
    - Magic Bolts. More Magic bolts.
    veevoir

• Yeah I am all over this clearly
    Doofus

• FYI, the break-even point for the Fig investment option is less than 50k units of the game. Given that Phoenix Point is Julian Gollop's evolution of the game genre he created, it seems likely that when released at least that many units will sell. So, if you can float some money to invest, there is a reasonable chance that you can be reimbursed whatever you pledge out of the gains from the investment. Such investments are never a sure thing. But Phoenix Point seems a strong candidate.

tl;dr - Reasonable returns from the Fig invest option may be good enough to cover whatever pledge you might make.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• MattyRasker wrote:Doofus! Where have you been man!?

Decided to pour beer into my laptop.
    Doofus

• SlipperyJim wrote:Oh good - here I am compulsively refreshing a webpage again to refresh backer totals...Jim

Hey there, Jim! Good to see you. Yes, I remember those days from the Chaos Reborn Kickstarter. Good fun.

Phoenix Point does not engender the same excitement for me that Chaos Reborn did. However, that is probably because Chaos Reborn was far too ambitious, especially with regard to the God and Demi-God portion of the game. Also, since Phoenix Point is exclusively a single player game (yay!), some of the more slippery (sorry, Jim) issues that came up with Chaos Reborn won't be returning.

Plus, as NoWorries said, the team is already somewhat in place.

Plus, I am readily willing to spend more money to support the folks who made those amazing God portraits. They are still awe-inspiring to me.

My only big question: how many units did Chaos Reborn sell in its first three months? If that number is near 40,000 (not including backers, of course), then Phoenix Point would almost certainly be an investment that would at least break even. Does anyone know if Mr. Gollop has released sales numbers for Chaos Reborn?
    Sephorin, living in service to the Goddess Ariianrhod since April, 1204.
    Sephorin
    GOD

• Sephorin wrote:My only big question: how many units did Chaos Reborn sell in its first three months? If that number is near 40,000 (not including backers, of course), then Phoenix Point would almost certainly be an investment that would at least break even. Does anyone know if Mr. Gollop has released sales numbers for Chaos Reborn?

Chaos Reborn and Phoenix Point are not directly comparable, though I do recall at some point there were at about 40k Steam users with the game on their wishlist.

I anticipate that it's a good investment given (a) how quickly Phoenix Point reached its funding goals, when Chaos Reborn barely met more modest goals; (b) how solid the game looks after a year so far in pre-production and production; (c) how in just two days Phoenix Point became the most highly funded game on Fig that was not a sequel to an already successful game; and (d) how even Xenonauts sold over 221,000 units (see here) despite essentially being a somewhat updated clone of the original X-COM rather than the innovative product for the genre that Phoenix Point looks to be.

In sum, I've put my money where my mouth is and anticipate that I'll earn enough off the investment to offset some or possibly all of the pledge I made, too. :)

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• Sephorin wrote:Hey there, Jim! Good to see you.

Likewise! :)

Regards

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

• Hiya Seph, ltns, I hope you're doing good. :-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Hiya Seph, ltns, I hope you're doing good. :-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Information