Phoenix Point - Julian Gollop's next game

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn

• Interesting. It says that crowdfunding is open for those who've already supported projects on the Fig platform. I have already done that (Wasteland 3) but I can't find it on there, no email about it or anything. Perhaps the article is referring to investors rather than supporters at this stage?
    krayzkrok

• It's a bit of a strange thing, with fig. Apparently, it's a "new" thing fig did, where people who back something can get earlier access to future campaigns if the person running the campaign chooses to do that. but.... it doesn't work if you backed something before the feature was implemented.
    UnstableVoltage

• Poor execution. I backed something on Fig that was funded at the end of February this year, and apparently I don't have access either.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• Backing will be available to everyone "soon".
    RafiRomero

• I guessed as much - cheers Rafi! :)

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

• UnstableVoltage wrote:It's a bit of a strange thing, with fig. Apparently, it's a "new" thing fig did, where people who back something can get earlier access to future campaigns if the person running the campaign chooses to do that. but.... it doesn't work if you backed something before the feature was implemented.

Hmmm, I can't see that going down too well with the masses, to be honest. ;) Especially if it means early bird tiers (if any) are already gone (a lot of people already hate that anyway). Of course, nothing goes down well with the masses these days anyway, so I guess it makes no difference.

Anyway, not a huge problem here*, just curious. Of course I will be getting in on it asap.

*other than the fact original CR backers should have received an early invite! :lol:
    krayzkrok

• how many backers of CR even play CR these days?

Given what i see in the lobby most days, very few, which is deeply sad
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• I played it nearly every day since the earliest alpha, with a few breaks here and there. I'm on a break at the moment mainly because I have many work deadlines and don't need the constant email notification distractions (!) and because a break every now and then makes the game fresh again. I suspect many of us do the same. Updates also tend to generate a lot of renewed interest.
    krayzkrok

• I haven't touched CR in almost 2 years. That's why I'm pretty wary of the crowdfunding campaign for Phoenix Point. I seriously hope we're not getting another underfunded and underdeveloped product.
    But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.
    TΛPETRVE

• I'm in two minds, I've certainly got my money's worth with CR, and I feel that Snapshot have proven that they can mkae a quality product. On the other hand I think there's lessons to be learned from how CR was funded and developed.

I think the initial scope of CR was possibly too wide, and hindsight is a wonderful thing, but aiming to make a mulitplayer only game would have probably been a lot more achieveable.... That said, would the funding goals have been met in the first place that way? It'd a hard question. To that end though I'm glad if PP is goes down the single player only route, and I hope that multiplayer only comes along when/if the single player game is completed rather than side by side.

I think the other big challenge is; given that single player was the weakest element of CR, how do you convince your backers for PP that the single player game will be done well this time?

I'm liking what I'm hearing about PP, and hopefully I'll get blown away by the game when I see it, but until I see how it works, how the AI performs, and how strong the story elements are within PP I'm feeling a bit ginger about whether I would back or just keep an eye on the development.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Information