Phoenix Point - Julian Gollop's next game

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
MattyRasker

Re: Phoenix Point - Julian Gollop's next game

Post by MattyRasker » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Well, just in case anyone is interested in signing up for notification on the campaign, it's here https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point/

Credit Farious for the find, cheers dude!

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:53 pm

In order to build trust with the target audience, they'd definitely have to show a bit more upfront than Chaos Reborn's prototype.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:29 pm

With CR, they didn't assemble the full team until after funding. With PP, Snapshot has a team already assembled who has done about a year of proof-of-concept work before the funding campaign. Also, Julian is on record with admitting that he has learned a lot of lessons from the first go-around. Altogether, I'm highly optimistic... especially as Fig doesn't accept marginal projects like Kickstarter has no problem doing.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:13 pm

NoWorries wrote:With CR, they didn't assemble the full team until after funding. With PP, Snapshot has a team already assembled who has done about a year of proof-of-concept work before the funding campaign.
Yeah, that's a valid point.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:06 am

Wow. Check out the Fig video here: https://youtu.be/iuN9g502cYM (and watch to the very end, too).
Snapshot @ https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point wrote:We have been working on Phoenix Point for a year, and we have a playable tactical battle system with great AI. We have started on the geoscape and large scale monsters. In order to realize our vision of a high quality, deep strategy game by the end of 2018 we need to expand our team. All the Fig funds will be used to build content and enhance the quality of the game.
This is a far, far, far more advanced project at the backer stage than CR was at its Kickstarter stage. Frankly, I believe Snapshot when they say it will be released in Q4 2018. As of right now, the project doesn't go live to the public for another 12 hours, but it's already 13% funded!

I got my invite, finally, through the Snapshot email newsletter. Though check https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point. It might be live by the time you read this post.

Mazy

Post by Mazy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:24 am

Insta-backed!

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:57 am

Yup, got my invite too #phoenixpointhype

TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Now this looks a lot more like it 8-) . Gotta wait for my next salary, but I'm in.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

SlipperyJim

Post by SlipperyJim » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:14 pm

Oh good - here I am compulsively refreshing a webpage again to refresh backer totals...

I had forgotten I did that 3 years ago...I guess this is my life for the next few weeks.

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

anjovi

Post by anjovi » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Was a bit torn between the 20 and 40$ pledges for early access, though i've got chaos reborn to keep my game time used up in the meanwhile :lol:

This campaign looks alot more focused then chaos. All of the elements feel like they're in place and i'm under the impression that a fully realized/refined version of xcom apocolypse is in the making.

Maybe some promo material that helps bridge this gap between xcom apoc and pheonix point. maybe a cute little video going over stuff that you've learned making that game or even some background on it going over how limitations of technology then inhibited your fully realized vision...stuff like that..heh