NON-CR GAMING SESSIONS

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:29 pm

• stubar wrote:
    Tess wrote:
    SpiteAndMalice wrote:I've also go helldivers, but on PS4. Give me a shout on steam if you want my user name.

How on earth do you play it with a controller? I tried that a few times but found it almost impossible compared to mouse and keyboard.

its a twin stick shooter!!

Yes, but, in Helldivers you need to shoot things instantly in opposite directions with pin-point accuracy. With a mouse you just point at target on screen and fire. With a controller I miss by a couple of degrees, have to correct, and my weapon is suddenly out of ammo or overheated. Maybe you're just much better with a controller but I had to give up because it made me feel incompetent (when I was otherwise comfortable doing helldives).
    Tess
    GOD

Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:38 pm

• Tess wrote:Little Racers Street is great for the price...

maybe we can get some people together for some MP tonight?

Tess wrote:Yes, but, in Helldivers you need to shoot things instantly in opposite directions with pin-point accuracy. With a mouse you just point at target on screen and fire. With a controller I miss by a couple of degrees, have to correct, and my weapon is suddenly out of ammo or overheated. Maybe you're just much better with a controller but I had to give up because it made me feel incompetent (when I was otherwise comfortable doing helldives).

I'm under the impression (someone told me!) that the devs tried to balance the controls so it shouldn't make much difference if you play pad or KB+M. I think the pad might have a slight auto-aim (like they do in console FPS) to counteract it being more difficult to aim generally with pad.

Been a while since I played, but don't you get a cross-hair or something anyhow?
    Last edited by stubar on Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    stubar

Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:08 am

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:57 pm

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:51 am

Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:28 am

• worto03 wrote:This looks quite good, are there many players & any asynch options?

Yeah it's quite good.. pick it up for free on the 24th (it's going to be F2P). In the meantime it's possible that players that already own the game have unlocked free keys to gift friends, so there might be some about.

No async yet. I posted on their forum asking if async play is planned (just waiting for a reply), I don't know if it's that kind of game though, the live games are pretty quick.. async could work for it maybe.
    Mazy

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:32 am

• Mazy wrote:Yeah it's quite good.. pick it up for free on the 24th (it's going to be F2P). In the meantime it's possible that players that already own the game have unlocked free keys to gift friends, so there might be some about.

Picking it up now gives "20 packs and 10 Pandora passes" for €22.99. Is this worth it or is it better to just wait for f2p? I'm pretty convinced I'm going to like that game.
    Al-Khwarizmi

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:53 am

• I only picked up Faeria because it was free for 24 hours, and my god am I glad I did.

The only thing I can compare it too is my brief experience with Magic 2014. You collect cards, you build decks, you make terrain so that you can cast cool stuff, and it's highly addictive. I'm really bad at it at the moment lol but practise makes perfect, right!?

Whether you choose to spend the money on it now or wait 6 days for it to go F2P is up to you, but it is good.
    MattyRasker

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:55 am

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:01 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Information