Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:54 pm

• I see a ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
    Have I got news for you ? (My lips are sealed)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    (The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)
    Mr_Twister

Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 pm

• --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    Mr_Twister

Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:20 am

Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:20 am

• Mr_Twister wrote:I see a ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
    Have I got news for you ? (My lips are sealed)

Good tune though - Does anyone remember what TV show this was the theme tune for?

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:57 am

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:Does anyone remember what TV show this was the theme tune for?

Tour of Duty (Game on!) ..and that was the first time I ever heard Paint it Black, around 1987/88 ish. It's one of those tracks you remember where you were the first time you heard it.

I never used to watch Tour of Duty, was maybe too young for it, but I always used to listen to the intro when it was on (think I had it on tape to lol, on audio cassette, or VHS maybe).

It turned me into a Stones fan .. being a young lad at the time all I had to go by up until then was their 80's stuff, and Jagger doing in Dancing in the Street etc (pretty awful decade man).

..I guess we have all those Vietnam movies to thank for exposing us to better music than what was around at the time.

Edit - I removed my post relating to Mr T's treasure hunt, it contained spoilers :)
    Last edited by Mazy on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Mazy

Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:55 pm

• Thanks for the kind words Mazy. I hope everyone enjoyed it, no matter how big or small their contribution.
    Edit: This line no longer makes sense, since Mazy removed his post (and not just the spoiler inside) :lol:
    In summary : this thread was part of some sort of treasure hunt during my Twitch stream on Friday (just realized it was Friday the 13th) where I had placed clues in various places for people to find.

For those who were unfortunate enough to miss the stream: I haven't removed any of the clues, so you can still play it. Just start with clue 1 and go from there. For those who don't regularly follow my stream, you will probably need some hints though. If you're stuck, reveal hints below by selecting the area between both "---". Careful when replying, cause that reveals all the info.

It all started with this clue (Clue 1) shown in the stream (my ugly face is not part of the clue), thanks to Neverlands for the screenshot :
    Clue 1.png

Clue 1
    • I should be ashamed, but I don't get the first picture. ---You gotta be kidding, it's Chaos Reborn---
    • But what do 4 and "Bacardi" mean ? Were you thirsty ? ---Bacardi is rum, so it's "4 rum".---
    • I'm not very smart, what does that mean ? ---Forum!---
    • And what about the eight-ball ? ---Did you notice it was rotated ?---
    • Hm, OK. But why ? ---It's the Infinity symbol !---
    • Right, I undertand the individual pictures, but I still don't understand the clue. ---Chaos Reborn Forum - Infinity, which is the thread you are looking at. At the time of the stream, there was only the first post.---

Clue 2
    • OK, I know where Clue 1 points to. So that video is the 2nd clue ? ---No, the video merely hints how to find the clue. The video itself isn't or doesn't contain the clue.---
    • What ? Then were is it ? ---The song title is "Paint it black", so maybe you have to "paint something". The first post contains the clue, if it's not the video, then ....---
    • I still have no idea. This is hard, tell me now! ---Below the video is some hidden text (almost same color as the background). Highlight it with your cursor to reveal the 2nd clue.---
    • Great, I found the 2nd clue, but I don't understand it at all. ---If I would have news for you, where do you think it'll be shown ?---
    • Hey, I dunno. Where do I need to look. ----My Twitch channel (user: mrtwister242) has a news section. There you will find the next clue.---

Clue 3
    • I found the place pointed at by Clue 2, but what exactly is the 3rd clue ? ---Clue 2 also mentioned "(my lips are sealed)".---
    • So ? ---Under the news section, you will find a picture of a mouth (lips)---
    • I see the picture, but where is the clue ? ---There's something written on the teeth !---
    • I can't read it ? ---Yeah, it pretty small. It says "An undead pawn has moved".---
    • Must be a reference, but doesn't ring a bell. ---Undead refers to vampires, a few weeks back I was streaming the game "Vampire:The Masquerade Bloodlines"---
    • You really expect me to watch a video a few hours long to solve this ? ---No, look more closely, the timestamp is mentioned.
    • There's no such video on your Twitch channel. ---Twitch removed replays after 15 days. But maybe they are still available elsewhere ?---
    • I still can't find the video. ---As mentioned in my channel info, older videos are available on my Youtube.---

The following clues
    Hints will be added later. :-)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Mr_Twister

Return to Off Topic

Information