Chaos Reborn Quiz

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:45 am

• It's the wizard. Don't be fooled by the large meat-puppet standing next to it.
    RafiRomero

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:46 am

• :)
    worto03 wrote:What happens when a meteor strike hits an enemy gooey blob with your creature in it?

The meteor hits everything in the target hex indiscriminately.. therefore it attacks both things, your creature and the blob ..the UI is unable to display both attack %'s though.

If you look at the log it will say that the meteor attacked the blob (and indicate whether or not it was killed) ..it will also say that the meteor attacked the creature (and indicate whether or not it was killed).

Basically there are three possible outcomes when a meteor strikes a hex which is occupied by two targets..

1) both targets die
    2) both targets live
    3) only one of the targets die

All of which makes meteor a nice chaotic spell..

Your meteor strike can destroy your own creature but fail on the blob .. or it could fail on a blobbed enemy creature but successfully kill your blob, effectively freeing the enemy creature..

This also applies to creatures that are inside crystal wall and creatures that are webbed, the meteor attacks both the creature and the wall.. the creature and the web. Unlike blob, wall and web also affect the defence of the target creature, thus affecting the hit % on the creature..

worto03 wrote:does the strike have a separate chance to kill each creature and/or blob?

When targeting a blobbed creature with a meteor the UI only displays one hit % (I'm not sure how it is displayed in law mode, it might be easier to see how much damage the meteor will do to each target in law mode).

In chaos mode, the % shown is probably the hit chance on the creature rather than the hit chance on the blob (if you hover over a blob which doesn't contain a creature you will see what the % will be on the blob alone).

worto03 wrote:can the meteor strike free a wizard from the blob?

A meteor strike cannot free a wizard (or mounted wizard) from blob because the wizards presence renders the entire hex a 0% hit chance, no matter what.. A wizard will deflect a meteor off their bonce 100% of the time (you can use this to your advantage to protect a mount or magic tree from hit damage).
    Mazy

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:32 pm

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:14 pm

• lol Cool, my kind of test! I'm really into all the mechanics of the game, I think they are genius. I like trying to find out as much about the game as possible, there's a lot of subtle complexity within the simple mechanics.

It's still possible to find the occasional unexpected anomaly or interesting behavior when various spells, talismans and mechanics interact (Bellivent is a good example of this) ..I think there's still some stuff in the game that is yet to be discovered or fully understood.

I've often thought about doing an extensive steam guide but it would probably take a monumental effort to compile, especially after the addition of law mode, it would be twice as much work re-explaining everything for each mode, plus having two modes has kind of complicated matters a bit..

..like if I did some huge steam guide that focused largely on Chaos (chaos mode) it might confuse the punters who are now introduced to the game through law mode..

..law mode was quickly cobbled together at the last minute, yet it practically exists as the default mode, I don't think it works that well.. where as chaos mode was elegantly designed, it's near perfect game design.

New players are effectively funneled into law mode as if it were the default mode.. this makes the actual game of chaos (chaos mode) look like some alternative mode.. who's gonna want to read some niche guide about a niche mode.

Discussing individual aspects of the game on this forum (Q&A style) is less daunting, kinda like doing mini guides about specific mechanics.
    Mazy

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:49 pm

• Hey mazy, follow-up question about the meteor strike targeting a walled/blobbed/webbed creature. Is there a particular order in which the meteor targets the creature and the blob/wall/web ? And as a result, if the creatire is targetted last, it is possible the final hit percentage Will be different because the creature no longer receives the defense bonus from the wall/blob/web ?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
    (The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)
    Mr_Twister

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:34 pm

• Good question, lets ask CGR :) ..This is definitely his area.

I would guess in the case of a meteor attack it is considered simultaneous on both targets.. the log will list one attack before the other however. I'm just guessing here, the % before the attack may be set no matter what happens during the attack.

This is similar to the question of 'does the order of attacks in a megabolt attack (or in a triple magic attack) matter?'..

..For example, sometimes a pegi will be struck by one of the bolts (or magic attacks) and it will sacrifice for the adjacent target that was also bolted (or magic attacked)..

..but sometimes it wont sacrifice, probably because the roll deciding the fate of the creature beside it hadn't been rolled yet. It can be a bit of a grey area sometimes. Most the time it's legit though, the order of attacks in the battle-log will shed light on why the pegi did or did not sacrifice.

Similar territory - I once tested the leech ability (draugar) combined with multi attack (metafortis) to see if the wizard leeched between each separate melee kill, basically in the case of 3 adjacent kills would the wizards stats grow 3 times at the end of the turn, once per kill or only once at the end..

..I was hoping the stats would grow after each kill making the % chance on the second (and third) target higher than the one shown. To be honest I can't remember the results of the test, I'm very forgetful lol

..but one thing I do remember about the multi-attack ability is if you are surrounded by targets you can select which one you strike first but then the rest are random, you will swing your blade in no particular order..

..this may give us some insight in to how all multiple/simultaneous attacks are calculated.
    Mazy

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:04 pm

• I wonder whether anyone could answer these (without checking in game).

What three creatures have the highest agility?
    What three creatures have the lowest agility?
    What creature has the highest attack to defence ratio? (ATT/DEF)
    What creature has the highest defence to attack ratio? (DEF/ATT)

Try have a guess before you look it up.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:16 pm

• The AE will have the highest agility for sure (180?)

..not sure what the next two highest ones are exactly, but hydra, skeletons and goblins are good at engaging, even an elf is to (some of those creatures have around 60 agility I think?) ..is heroic armour (70 agility) in the top 3 I wonder?

There's a few creatures that have the lowest possible agility of 10 right? (Dragon is one of them, Icarus has 10 to).

I guess the hydra has the biggest att/def ratio? (70 att 280 def?) ..If we count the spiders web attack and hounds stare attack those creatures have quite a high att/def ratio to.
    Last edited by Mazy on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Mazy

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:21 pm

• Mazy wrote: Icarus has 10 to).

Icarus may, but technically it's not a creature (so I'm told).

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Information