Chaos Reborn Quiz

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:25 pm

Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:16 pm

• Can you air elemental attack a paralysed creature? I didn't think it was possible.
    ahMostyn

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:54 am

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:56 am

• worto03 wrote:you`re supposed to be providing answers not more questions :roll:

:lol: ...OK but will this quiz feature prizes?

I may have the answer(s) to this one..

worto03 wrote:Question 1: If a wizard riding a paralysed pegasus is pushed off the map would an adjacent pegasus sacrifice?

No.. but I need to answer this in my typically overly long-winded TL;DR fashion, therefore my answer is twofold :roll: ..

1) The paralysed creature cannot be pushed by the Air Elemental because being paralysed/petrified (encased in stone) is the same as being blobbed, webbed or walled, they are all forms of traps. A creature in a trapped state cannot move or melee attack, it is rooted to the hex it occupies. Nothing in a trapped state can be pushed.

2) Now let's say that the creature in the example shown wasn't paralysed ..Only then can it be pushed by the AE. If the push was successful the target creature would be pushed into the void, off the map to its death. The Pegi wouldn't sacrifice for the creature because the creature doesn't actually die adjacent to it, the creature is pushed completely off the map, it dies out of bounds, it's a hex-less death similar to when an Icarus kills something in mid-air, a Pegi cannot sacrifice for something killed in mid-air.

..So the frozen Pegi is safe from the AE, but only whilst it is frozen.. as soon as the Pegi wakes up (un-paralyses) the AE can push the untrapped creature down the hole leaving nothing on the board for the other Pegi to sacrifice for.

We are ready for Question 2!..
    Mazy

Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:55 am

• A) In a classic chaos mode game of chaos, what is the minimum number of turns required in order to cast your first mega spell?

B) Which mega spell has the highest casting cost; and what is the minimum number of turns then?

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:11 am

Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:41 pm

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:A) In a classic chaos mode game of chaos, what is the minimum number of turns required in order to cast your first mega spell?

The bulk of the mega-spells cost between 55-65 mana, with neutral spells at the low end (55) and law and chaos spells towards the high end (65), undead are always at the high end. Most megas cost either 55 or 65 exactly, with a few exceptions in between, costing around 58 or 61.

There are two other exceptions.. Dragons actually cost 68 which is the highest (this partly answers part B of the question!) and Rat swarm is the lowest at 48.

If we take 55 as being the predominant lowest mega-spell cost range then I guess it can be ready to go as soon as you grab a sprite, which can be turn 1 on some maps right? so if the sprite grab is on for turn one, then the mega-spell cast is a possibility on turn one.

It would require burning your deck (a max of 36 mana is available) which would leave you with between 14-17 cards left - depending on how much you chose to boost the mega.. In the case of a turn two sprite grab your mana level could contain some fail mana or kill mana that you may have already earned.

It's not really practical to waste that much mana and that many spell cards on casting a mega-spell that early.

SpiteAndMalice wrote:B) Which mega spell has the highest casting cost; and what is the minimum number of turns then?

I guess the highest cost mega-spells that are in the 65+ region would take an extra turn or two to gain enough mana for. 65+ mana on turn one may not be mathematically possible (in the same way that 55 mana on turn one is possible), but 65+ mana is still do-able on turn two.

I guess theoretically all mega-spells are cast-able on turn two IF the sprite grab is definitely on for turn two and IF some extra mana has been gained from somewhere other than burning (one mana fail will do it).

Rat Swarm is the only mega you could cast on turn two without a sprite grab (a turn one hydra fail + deck burn could fund it instead), but it's wasteful when you consider you could just open with one or two standard rat packs for free (if you have them).
    Mazy

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:06 am

Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:06 am

• Mazy wrote:Question 3: What is THIS ?

I don't know bud, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could slay the undead. ;-)

SPITE NIGHT 21! - Thursday 22 JUne at 20:00 GMT on the Chaos Reborn discord channel.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to Off Topic

Information