Prominence P0ker - CR Tourney

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
stubar

Prominence P0ker - CR Tourney

Post by stubar » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 am

A handful of us have started playing Prominence P0ker which is F2P on steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/384180/

You get chips each day for logging in and the game seems to be generous enough that you never need to buy any (unless you're really bad at p0ker and extremely wasteful with your chips!!).

We were hoping to get enough players together from CR to play a tourney, we've not done this before and think you need 6 players.

Try the game out and let me know if you're interested to join. It's a fun game for sure!

Here is MattyRasker, Yogicfire and I playing a few cash hands.

(have had to use "p0ker" as CR forum doesn't allow the use of the actual card game...)

MattyRasker

Re: Prominence P0ker - CR Tourney

Post by MattyRasker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:36 am

I don't normally dig online p4ker games, but I am thoroughly enjoying this one. As Stubar says, it is F2P but I can't think of a situation where I need to buy chips because they are very generous with them. Some of the cosmetics are a grind to get so you could spend real money for those, but again the game gives them out too on occasions.

Plays well, games are found quite easily, good customisation options, recommended!

Mr_Twister

Post by Mr_Twister » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 pm

I've had my share of real-money p0ker, and while it didn't really do my bank account much good, I thought it was usually fun. Tournaments in particular.

The issue I always had with fake-money p0ker is that people play differently when they don't really have anything to lose. And as such, good p0ker play tends not to work very well here. Because some bad player will just keep calling with a trash hand, and get a lucky draw on the river.

But if you can setup a little tournament with friends only, I'd gladly try this one out. Will need to brush up my skills again though.
--------------------------------------------------
Oh you ****king fool - you left us carrying your useless pain and now we're trapped here until we die. Remains, remains, the residue. Remains, remains, now is it you ???
(The Legendary Pink Dots - Spike)

worto03

Post by worto03 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:17 am

yeah ^^ this

I'd be up for it too though, will download it later to make sure it runs OK on my laptop.

We can replace money with pride and humiliation - that should make people play properly :twisted:

blobka
DEMIGOD

Post by blobka » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Up to! I am not particular "extremely wasteful with your chips" but pretty much "really bad at p0ker". As far as it is gonna be for fun with friends, sure I am in! ;)
In Gary We Trust

blobka
DEMIGOD

Post by blobka » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:21 pm

7gb! dunno have not free space for it at the moment.. .
In Gary We Trust

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:08 pm

it's actually 3Gb. Steam for some reason lies how big it will actually be when you go to install it.

stubar

Post by stubar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:00 am

blobka wrote:7gb! dunno have not free space for it at the moment.. .
uninstall CR? :evil:

blobka
DEMIGOD

Post by blobka » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:18 am

Lol okay chill please I've managed to get needed free space, I'm ready as you are, sir ;)
In Gary We Trust

stubar

Post by stubar » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:42 am

ok, gather some chips up (log in each day gets chips quick, even if you don't play any games!) and we can try and play a tourney one evening next weekend.

One week to GIT GUD!!