Snapshot's "Phoenix Point" Campaign is LIVE

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn

• Here is an FYI for those of you who don't stalk the Off Topic forum. See https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point.

Snapshot just launched a Fig funding campaign for their next game, Phoenix Point. This looks to be a phenomenal game that is a novel evolution of Julian Gollop's original X-COM series. This campaign relates directly to Chaos Reborn (and thus this forum) for two important reasons:

(1) You'll get an extra Chaos Reborn game key if you also back at a level to get a copy of Phoenix Point; and
      (2) Snapshot is on record that a successful Phoenix Point will support future updates to Chaos Reborn.
    So everyone, get while the gettin' is good!

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• I want to be there
    ustolemytiger

• This is the first time I buy a game knowing I have about two years to buy a computer that can run it.

Is this an X-Com style game using squads vs. Aliens? What sets it apart from previous games in the genre? Is there PvP?
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

• Glass Jaw wrote:Is this an X-Com style game using squads vs. Aliens? What sets it apart from previous games in the genre? Is there PvP?

Watch the video on the Fig page. Also, you can check a Eurogamer video summarizing their perceptions of the similarities and differences from the original X-COM series here: https://youtu.be/1GgBHRYpmpk?t

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• Anyone got any idea on spec required? It's the only thing stopping me backing it at the mo, I generally have a laptop currently a Dell Latitude E5440 (intel i5) it doesn't even run CR very well on high settings.

Will this game be aimed at a gaming pc or a work on anything kind of thing?

I know it's probably too early to know any of this and I will probably have a new laptop by the time it comes out but it will still be a work laptop so won't be high spec
    worto03

• I seriously doubt it's gonna run on lower-end hardware, especially if they manage to implement fully destructible environments as planned.
    But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.
    TΛPETRVE

• TΛPETRVE wrote:I seriously doubt it's gonna run on lower-end hardware, especially if they manage to implement fully destructible environments as planned.

Silent Storm manages to ;-)

But, yeah I may have to buy a new laptop in 2018...

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Silent Storm is not made in Unity.
    But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.
    TΛPETRVE

• worto03 wrote:Anyone got any idea on spec required? It's the only thing stopping me backing it at the mo, I generally have a laptop currently a Dell Latitude E5440 (intel i5) it doesn't even run CR very well on high settings.

There's no information available right now.
    RafiRomero

Return to Off Topic

Information