Guilding at Philosophy College

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:59 pm

• When i was 18 I went to St. John's College in Annapolis, MD. It's a non-religious Great Books classical philosophy program, every class in primary texts. There's only 400 students on campus and over the years its developed its own cultural interpretation of college sports.

Every freshman is indentured on day 1 randomly into one of the five teams that compete at a different sport every season. During that year Freshman are studied for their strengths and ability. They day we became Sophmores the five teams held a Draft. That day determined for the rest of our lives which of the five teams we belonged to. Some teams would attempt to stack the good prospects at one sport to own a season, others to replace certain holes left by seniors, etc. For the rest of my life I'm welcome at any sports event my team is playing and it wouldn't be weird. We played with team-mates in their 50's. At no point did we ever have a say what team we're on which in a way made it fair.

Now imagine something like that for guilds in this game? :lol: Players signing up for a guild in general and then getting randomly indentured and after a year the guilds come together to hold a Draft. I don't think most and typical gamers would appreciate that at all, but not because they couldn't, it's just cultural. The mixing of talent in differing guilds the first year meant that no matter how competitive the five teams were still just spokes of the same wheel.
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

Return to Off Topic

Information