Good reads

Any discussion not specifically related to Chaos Reborn
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:49 am

• I'm a big Philip K Dick fan, love his work. Would also recommend the newly released Electric Dreams series, which are video adaptations of some of his short stories (amazon series). Definitely among the best short, sci-fi video pieces I've seen.

M Scott Harrison has some cool stuff worth checking out, reminds me of a cross between Bukowski and William Gibson.
    Aka

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:43 am

• Aka wrote:I'm a big Philip K Dick fan, love his work. Would also recommend the newly released Electric Dreams series, which are video adaptations of some of his short stories (amazon series). Definitely among the best short, sci-fi video pieces I've seen.

Where did you find them? Is it online, or a TV series? - I've just picked up Do Androids Sleep but not read it yet...

Ahh, and there's a pdf of it here https://www.larevuedesressources.org/IMG/pdf/dadoes.pdf

M Scott Harrison has some cool stuff worth checking out, reminds me of a cross between Bukowski and William Gibson.

Sounds interesting, I've read a bit of Bukowski's poetry and I really liked that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmWZOsVtqR0

Is there anything in particular that you'd recommend from M Scott Harrison?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:50 am

• No Country For Old Men is also very good if you can get away with Cormac McCarthy's punctuation style http://www.lachsa.net/ourpages/auto/201 ... %20Men.pdf

One book that I was surprised by recently was Get Shorty by Elmore Leonard - I like Elmore Leonard in general, I've got into him quite recently and whilst he's not my all time favourite author, he's good and I always enjoy his books, but I'd only seen the film of Get Shorty and I didn't overly like that (I way maybe too young at the time) so when I saw a copy of Get Shorty I thought okay lets see how the book is. I loved it, best thing of his that I've read so far imho. I might have to give the film a rewatch.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:58 am

• realize i made a booboo with his name:

it's actually, M John Harrison.

I read 'Light' and 'Nova Swing' both were awesome.
    Aka

Previous

Return to Off Topic

Information