Shareable Media

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

• If I had the option to download the videos of games I could overlay voice and showcase asynchronous games on Twitch or its like. League is a different animal than friendly duels and I want the capacity to showcase asynchronous game-play.

I'd like to be able to create clips of move sequences that illustrate principles in the game and its many obtuse dynamics. Recently been paying attention to shape. Shape is more important in multi-player asynchronous games and lax time limits (remove my ADD disadvantage :( ) allow for ultra-precise play.

Shareable media is a driver for sales and since Snapshot doesn't have to retain any of the recorded games itself there isn't a high enduring cost to this that I can see. Ideally, I would have a downloadable video player that lets met pause, rewind, switch between turn and the ability to download a finished game until ten minutes pass. While I'm at it I'll add that a video player/saved video program would make a great phone app.

If there is a tool I'm ignorant of that addresses what I want I'm all ears. :?:
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 am

• Hi,
    If it's asych, you can use something like Open Broadcaster Software to stream/ record an in-game playback of an old (or current) game and add voiceover.
    I've used Shotcut to do very simple editing.
    These are both free, there are probably better tools available.
    E.g.,:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbziv-GUHz4 (although that was a recording without editing - pro-tip, if you record at 2am your voice sounds like sad gravel).

Unfortunately, in playback, you can't see %-to-hit etc, or your spell hand at the time of playing, but it's not bad.
    RafiRomero

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:58 pm

• Thank you Rafi.

I'll toy around with taking screenshots every turn to remind me what my hands were. Take notes to record % of key attacks and what I was thinking at the time.
    Glass Jaw

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 am

• If you use Windows 10, it comes with an Xbox game recorder. You can access it by pressing Windows key + g. I've used it to record some chaos clips and has the option to record your mic at the same time
    bejebus

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:14 pm

• oh, nice tip Bejebus
    Glass Jaw

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:50 pm

• if u have an nvidia gfx card (650 or above) you can use shadowplay an inbuilt recording program

i wish however you could show cards and stats in replay mode
    Stitchy

Return to General Discussion

Information