Version 1.10 beta testing version released.

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• There is a steam beta testing version of Chaos Reborn available. You need to right click on Chaos Reborn in your library, select 'properties' then click on the Betas tab. Then select the 'testing' version from the dropdown. You may need to enter the secret code word which is GoblinGoblinOfSteel.

This version has the new Duel mode and forge crystal system.

There are a number of other revisions, which I will detail more thoroughly a bit later:
    • A number of 2 player maps have been made smaller.
    • Reduce Magic Power of Hellhound and zombies by 10
    • Increased mega-spell cost of Rattle of Skeletons
    • Convocation of Eagles now quantity 4
    • Increased casting chance of many mega-spells, and some activation costs
    • Bolt tower Defence increased from 50 to 60
    • Increased power of magical attack spells by 10
    • Removed the activation cost increase for Chaos mode
    • Raise Hell mega-spell added to a number of staffs, including neutral
    • Staffs - all hand sizes reduced by 1 (to compensate for removal of dispel spell)
    • Air, speed and creatures staffs have improved stats.
    • Bodygear - vigilant deck size -1
    • A number of talisman activation costs tweaked a little bit
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

• 'back to duel' is the back button label? If you are pushing Duel then shouldn't the button be on all screens and a quick match option?
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• I hate to say this, and this is just my opinion, but if a human player isn't available you really need to field an AI otherwise Duel Mode just won't achieve anything at all. If needed give the AI buffs and bonuses, scale with the buffs with each consecutive win, use the pool of On Duty Lords even and buff them - fill in any missing talisman slots on the lower ranking Wizards. This is advertised as the premier game mode, if a new player presses the button & nothing happens they won't be back - you can't retain a player if they can't actually play the game.

Of course others may have a different opinion, and that's fair enough, but I really don't think you should launch on Monday with Duel Mode in it's current incarnation.

At the minute the only other feedback I can provide is regarding the GUI. In my opinion the Duel Level box should be moved back to the left, before the FORGE button. I'm fine with Back saying now BACK TO DUEL.
    Farious

• The GUI currently doesn't say anywhere how many Forge Crystals you need to get in order to be able to forge. Imho it needs to players have an idea what they are aiming for.

EDIT: You also test Forged equipment in Chaos Mode, but Duel Mode is premiering in Law Mode. New players may find this jarring &/or confusing imho.
    Farious

• Julian Gollop wrote:[*]A number of 2 player maps have been made smaller.

What brought this on? In the Wall thread, it was just being discussed how some longer range spells can make smaller maps feel overly clautrophobic.

Julian Gollop wrote:[*]Reduce Magic Power of Hellhound and zombies by 10

Was really hoping Hellhounds would get hit harder than that. :|

Julian Gollop wrote:[*]Increased casting chance of many mega-spells, and some activation costs
    [*]Staffs - all hand sizes reduced by 1 (to compensate for removal of dispel spell)
    [*]Air, speed and creatures staffs have improved stats.

Do these changes apply to all staffs, including the ones already existing in the realms?
    yovargas

• yovargas wrote:
    Julian Gollop wrote:[*]A number of 2 player maps have been made smaller.

What brought this on? In the Wall thread, it was just being discussed how some longer range spells can make smaller maps feel overly clautrophobic.

:?: puzzled...
    stubar

• Ouch

skellys mega up in price
    Hell hounds/zombies down in mp
    my armour deck size down
    hand size reduced by 1 mine was 6 (excluding disbelief)

gonna have to go look for a new kit but at least i will be able to forge one :)
    PRETENAMA
    Incarnadine

• Hand size down. Hmmm. I take this will effect classic mode also?

Why not increase hand size?

So I know it is a little late for this update.

How about bigger deck sizes for games over 25 turns? Especially in classic mode. It will make the long and bigger games a lot more fun.

Has there been any more thought about the whole 'requester dying game ending' thing?
    Last edited by gary on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• Well the amandroid chaos game i have on my phone has meditate as a spell which never goes away like disbelieve. you can cast it onc each turn as you might cast disbelieve and you might get a new random spell. would you like that maybe?
    PRETENAMA
    Incarnadine

• Incarnadine wrote:Well the amandroid chaos game i have on my phone has meditate as a spell which never goes away like disbelieve. you can cast it onc each turn as you might cast disbelieve and you might get a new random spell. would you like that maybe?

+1!
    yovargas

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information