Chaos Reborn v1.10 released - Dueling and Forging

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• Welcome to version 1.10 with duelling and forging! Here’s how it works:

• The new Duel mode pits you against another player, or if none is available an AI controlled wizard.
    • Duels are currently fought with Equipped Law mode, but other modes will be added in the near future.
    • If you win a duel you get gold and forge crystals, which you can use to unlock the forge to make your own custom gear.
    • Each victory increases your reward level, but as soon as you lose a duel the reward level is reset.
    • AI controlled wizards get mana bonuses according to your current duel level - so expect them to get tougher!
    • There is a special bonus reward for your first Duel victory of the day - a talisman which is guaranteed to be one you don’t yet possess, and some bonus gold and forge crystals
    • The cost of unlocking the forge starts at 5 crystals, but this will increase by 5 with each use.

There is compensation for kickstarter backers at forgemaster level or higher. You will be given enough crystals to use the forge 4 times, minus the number of times you have already used it. The forge cost and number of crystals are altered to reflect the number of uses so far.

As extra compensation for forgemaster backers, they will be awarded the noble creatures skins and noble wizard aura (but not noble rank - this still has to be earned).

Major changes and improvements:
    • Reduce Magic Power of Hellhound and zombies by 10
    • Increased mega-spell cost of Rattle of Skeletons
    • Convocation of Eagles now quantity 4
    • Increased casting chance of many mega-spells, and some activation costs
    • Bolt tower Defence increased from 50 to 60
    • Increased power of single magical attack spells by 10, increase casting chance of triple magic attacks by 10
    • Removed the activation cost increase for Chaos mode
    • Raise Hell mega-spell added to a number of staffs, including neutral
    • Staffs - all hand sizes reduced by 1 (to compensate for removal of dispel spell)
    • Air, speed and creatures staffs have improved stats.
    • Bodygear - vigilant deck size -1
    • A number of talisman activation costs tweaked a little bit
    • Paralyse spell range to 4, mega to 6
    • Meteor cascade reduced to 2 hits
    • Improved law mode AI

Talisman changes in detail:
    • Cantio secutus spell range cost 50 to 40
    • Gobelinus cost 25 to 20
    • Volaticus Duplus cost 45 to 40
    • Garivano cost 22 to 20
    • Draugar cost 30 to 25
    • Televortis cost 15 to 20
    • Exemplum Funus cost 8 to 12
    • Megacarmen cost 40 to 45
    • Retrigarum cost 40 to 45
    • Volaticus Duplus cost 40 to 35
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

• Giving forgemaster backers the rewards from noble level, devalues noble level. If you continue this way through the backer levels it creates a domino effect of dissatisfaction through all backer levels.

I thought the skins and auras were exclusive to backer level...
    stubar

• stubar wrote:Giving forgemaster backers the rewards from noble level, devalues noble level. If you continue this way through the backer levels it creates a domino effect of dissatisfaction through all backer levels.

Personally speaking as a noble level backer, this bothers me not.
    MattyRasker

• Julian Gollop wrote:There is a special bonus reward for your first Duel victory of the day - a talisman which is guaranteed to be one you don’t yet possess, and some bonus gold and forge crystals

I have 5 talismans left to collect, but I still got a duplicate yesterday.
    Varanas

• MattyRasker wrote:
    stubar wrote:Giving forgemaster backers the rewards from noble level, devalues noble level. If you continue this way through the backer levels it creates a domino effect of dissatisfaction through all backer levels.

Personally speaking as a noble level backer, this bothers me not.

Speaking as a Wizard King it doesn't both me either. (Just so long as Lords don't start getting King Level rewards).

Nah seriously, just open the whole lot of it up I say. The more people with access to create realms the better.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Julian Gollop wrote:Welcome to version 1.10 with duelling and forging! Here’s how it works:

• The new Duel mode pits you against another player, or if none is available an AI controlled wizard.

Hats off to everyone at Snapshot for the great update. Duel Mode seems to do everything it is designed to - a quick and easy way to have a game with a reward at the end and I can certainly see it resulting in more casual players popping back for a game now. The game's foundation was always solid & with Duel Mode it is even stronger. So hopefully once Chaos Mode is added to Duel, & the numbers are analysed with good news following no doubt, they'll be time to take the principles and apply them to the Realms & Social Rank.

Anyway, the only two things I can thinking of that may need tweaking at the minute is the time taken to allocated an AI Wizard; it might be an idea to shave 10 seconds or so off it or even make the time period random so it feels less mechanical? The second thing is that when the Forge is unlocked I don't think the UI box that says how many Crystals you need should vanish. Imho, it should stay on screen but state 'Unlocked' or similar - the blank space makes the UI look odd to me.
    Last edited by Farious on Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Farious

• stubar wrote:Can I have a God aura then please?

Not sure why it was decided it was necessary to give Forgemasters Nobel Skins & Auras. I can see why you'd be disappointed and I think they've created an unnecessary pickle for themselves with the move. :(
    Farious

• Thought following on from @stubar:...

Make the Kickstarter Backer levels special ranks in the game with special badges or similar on players' profiles and whatever replaces Social Rank is a completely separate level system. Kickstarter backers though start at the equivalent level on the new system? That might help any concern from backers about changes to the game that affect the initial pledge rewards?
    Farious

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information