Chaos Reborn v1.10 released - Dueling and Forging

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• Farious wrote:
    SpiteAndMalice wrote:Hey, I'm not saying that you're wrong, going over 100 players was certainly nice to see. It's where we are in a couple of weeks time that's going to matter more though.

100% agree. I suspect it will drop off but not as much as it does normally. It all will depend upon how Snapshot can integrate the principles of demonstrated by the Forge into other aspects of the game & also expand the features of the Forge with new types of Staff & Bodygear.

a couple of my friendlist picked up the game yesterday and one of them asked me if there was a pdf guide for the game they could check out on their tablet. it's a shame something like this doesn't exist, although I appreciate it would involve quite extensive work!
    stubar

• stubar wrote:a couple of my friendlist picked up the game yesterday and one of them asked me if there was a pdf guide for the game they could check out on their tablet. it's a shame something like this doesn't exist, although I appreciate it would involve quite extensive work!

What about the loremaster's guide?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Farious wrote:
    SpiteAndMalice wrote:Hey, I'm not saying that you're wrong, going over 100 players was certainly nice to see. It's where we are in a couple of weeks time that's going to matter more though.

100% agree. I suspect it will drop off but not as much as it does normally. It all will depend upon how Snapshot can integrate the principles demonstrated by the Forge into other aspects of the game & also how successfully they expand the features of the Forge with new types of Staffs, Bodygear, & customisation.

Allowing player creativity is certainly a big draw, I think having a easy to navigate UI and a decent range of competitions to enter would be a strong factor too.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• worto03 wrote:
    Skysect wrote:So now forge is open for everyone ? How can edit my review ? This update changing everything for me !

Depends where the review is? Is it a steam review?

If so you may be able to

Go to your profile, click on reviews, click on the review itself and then you should see the "edit" link on the right hand side.

but I can't test that at the moment as I'm at work still

It was flagged :/
    Skysect

• Skysect wrote:
    worto03 wrote:
    Skysect wrote:So now forge is open for everyone ? How can edit my review ? This update changing everything for me !

Depends where the review is? Is it a steam review?

If so you may be able to

Go to your profile, click on reviews, click on the review itself and then you should see the "edit" link on the right hand side.

but I can't test that at the moment as I'm at work still

It was flagged :/

hypocrite

• So are the changes to the staffs and bodygear going to affect current and already made sets?

I do not see any (that i can recall) changes to my creature staff, regarding either hand size nerf nor any supposed buffs. Am I just misremembering numbers or will it only affect new gear?
    Bob

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:
    stubar wrote:a couple of my friendlist picked up the game yesterday and one of them asked me if there was a pdf guide for the game they could check out on their tablet.

I think stubar means more like a combination of Law & Chaos' Chaospedia & the ingame guide? So it might be a suggestion to send them along to Ped's site? I do however think it would be cool if Snapshot printed off the entire guide plus spell cards as a PDF... there might be a community project there, taking screenshots of everything & putting them in a PDF for people to use on their mobile devices whilst playing (if Snapshot's okay with it)?

SpiteAndMalice wrote:Allowing player creativity is certainly a big draw, I think having a easy to navigate UI and a decent range of competitions to enter would be a strong factor too.

Agree with all of the above, though I think competitions would only work as long as player profiles were updated so that they & others could see any competition wins/awards etc.
    Farious

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:
    stubar wrote:a couple of my friendlist picked up the game yesterday and one of them asked me if there was a pdf guide for the game they could check out on their tablet. it's a shame something like this doesn't exist, although I appreciate it would involve quite extensive work!

Now I know you're taking the piss!
    stubar

• Bob wrote:So are the changes to the staffs and bodygear going to affect current and already made sets?

I do not see any (that i can recall) changes to my creature staff, regarding either hand size nerf nor any supposed buffs. Am I just misremembering numbers or will it only affect new gear?

Hi, The changes do apply to already forged gear... Creature staff was buffed :) (as was Air and Speed) ..so you might find that your hand size is unchanged (all other staff types -1 though), your boost is probably up by 2 (e.g, if your boost was previously 14/28 it might now be 16/32).

Also take a look at your mega-spell base cast %. All these values were reworked (buffed), your mega-spell base cast will either be unchanged if it was already in the 75%+ region, but if your mega-spell base cast was previously between the 30%-70% region you can expect your new base cast % to be between 5 to 30 points higher...

...The rule is no longer +10 to the standard spell cast % to find out what the mega-spell cast % is, it's a different formula which makes a wider range of mega's viable.. for example a standard paladin casts at 40%, so the mega-spell used to cast at 50% for two, but now it is 70% for two (an increase of 20) ...this makes them a more reliable cast and something worth saving up for (rather than dismissing the mega and just burning cards + boosting standard singular paladins).
    Mazy

• Julian Gollop wrote:
    [*]AI controlled wizards get mana bonuses according to your current duel level - so expect them to get tougher!

So, Duel, Ai law mode, turn 1 - disblieved, turn 2 - vamp mega (real), turn 3 - hound (real) turn 4 - magic wood - turn 5 vamp mega (real)

Now this was a level 9 fight for me. So this 'mana bonuses' I guess comes in to effect. So the question here is how is this worked out and is it capped and or is it just always esculating based on the level of the fight.

I am all up for a challenge but to me this seems very unfair. To me the issue here is you could go on a a great run of defeating say 10 humans and then you are unlucky enough to pull an Ai who gets a whoping bonus due to the level of the fight to the point where something like that happens and you are faced with a fight that is borderline unwinable and deeply unfair.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Information