Reworking the League Competitions

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
stubar

Re: Reworking the League Competitions

Post by stubar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:15 am

Best solution would be to simply make the rules for the current ranking system known to people so we can create a strategy. At the moment we are going in kind of blind not knowing the full rules. For new people to the game it must be especially daunting. Are the rules (when ELO is scored, when stars are scored, etc) included in the game/forum or anywhere?

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:39 am

dumfsirg wrote:I was HUGELY disappointed yesterday when I found out that "When you reach the Archmage level demotion is no longer possible, and you will gain a world ranking" actually means for that month only. :(
(*grumble* fine-print and all that... *grumble* ; ) )
That just makes the current system unattractive for me (to be polite) due to time constraints and playing async so I definitely support changing that.
Yup, this is why I stopped playing ranked.

dumfsirg

Post by dumfsirg » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:15 am

stubar wrote:Are the rules (when ELO is scored, when stars are scored, etc) included in the game/forum or anywhere?
The rules regarding earning stars and losing stars when winning / losing (in a row) are in a chapter in the in-game guide. I didn't see specifics about ELO there, though.

stubar

Post by stubar » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:16 am

dumfsirg wrote:
stubar wrote:Are the rules (when ELO is scored, when stars are scored, etc) included in the game/forum or anywhere?
The rules regarding earning stars and losing stars when winning / losing (in a row) are in a chapter in the in-game guide. I didn't see specifics about ELO there, though.
yup, i fear they are not extensive enough. how is ELO calculated during the star phase in 3+ way matches, etc.

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:44 am

If ELO is persistant forevermore, and players qualify for a given season by winning only 9 matches, then the top players with the persistantly high ELO score will need only play and win 9 matches before grabbing the top spots and chilling.

MattyRasker

Post by MattyRasker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:06 pm

What was the outcome of this, will the League Competitions be reworked?