Chaos Reborn v1.11 Released

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:44 am

• This release sees some bug fixes,balancing tweaks and some interface improvements.

Data tweaks
    • Mega-spell base costs increased slightly. This is to compensate a little for the fact that casting chance/cost of many mega-spells have been improved.
    • Law mode starting mana reduced to 20 for first player, 28 for second player.
    • Alignment shift values for many spells reduced by around 25-40%. This is designed to benefit neutral spells, and make extreme balance shifts less likely.
    • Reduced Duel AI bonus mana awarded for Duel level.
    • Increased max wizard level to 9999 (in preparation for new social rank progression).
    • Increased re-activation cost increase for megas in law mode from 20% to 25%.

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed a bug causing a player in duel mode to be driven by an AI
    • Fixed a bug that caused the law mode tutorial to be unable to progress due to insufficient mana.
    • Fixed the potential damage on blobbed/webbed creature healthbars.
    • The game will no longer rewind when connect as spectator.
    • Handled an error case when selecting a talisman slot and you don't have any more talismans of this type.
    • Fixed a bug that caused the first win of the day not to give unique talismans.
      Improved layout of player info panel
    • Fixed a bug causing talisman info screen not to be shown in realms.
    • The forge activation confirmation dialog now does not show if you don't have enough force crystals.
    • You now get an error message when selecting a talisman slot while not having any talismans of this type
    • Added time stamp to global chat messages
    • Show 'MAP: ' infront of the map name
    • Wizard name change dialog fixed
    • Magic weapon spell cast shows the name of the target entity in the battle log
    • Sorted online players list
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:24 am

• Sounds like some fair changes.

Re Alignment shift, would this also help?

SpiteandMalice wrote:It should actually cap at 80% imho. The Dragon is the lowest cast % creature in the game, at an alignment of Law +80% it becomes a 100% cast. There's no need for alignement to go beyond 80% other than to further cement that game state. If it capped out at 80% then that Dragon could still be a 100% cast (which I think should be obtainable) but a equally any Chaos spell cast would still have the possibility to reduce that casting chance. The Law/Chaos shift spells in particular would gain a boost in this situation.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:52 am

• Julian Gollop wrote:[*]Alignment shift values for many spells reduced by around 25-40%. This is designed to benefit neutral spells, and make extreme balance shifts less likely.

extreme balance shifts are only common place in 4+ way matches. This change will have some small impact on those matches but will mean alignment shifts will be quite minimal in <4 way matches.

Julian Gollop wrote:[*]Increased max wizard level to 9999 (in preparation for new social rank progression).

This is good. An overall leaderboard would be a great thing, some people enjoy the grind!! (not me!)

Julian Gollop wrote:[*]Magic weapon spell cast shows the name of the target entity in the battle log

This is good too, what would be GREAT is if non-mana related rng%'s are also shown in the battle log. e.g attack chances. This would be especially useful for us players that use async mode. Find out what the % chance was that killed our creature for just one example. (Obviously not displaying spell cast chances as this would reveal mana used)

Julian Gollop wrote:[*]The game will no longer rewind when connect as spectator.

Good thanks!! Just need the LEAVE GAME button when spectating a game to go back to the spectate menu now. It got fixed after many months of asking but is now broke again since a recent update!
    Last edited by stubar on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
    stubar

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:00 pm

• Julian Gollop wrote:[*]Increased re-activation cost increase for megas in law mode from 20% to 25%.[/list]

Am I playing Law mode wrong? I almost never have some giant surplus of mana to be casting multiple megas in there....
    yovargas

Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:07 pm

• Julian Gollop wrote:Mega-spell base costs increased slightly. This is to compensate a little for the fact that casting chance/cost of many mega-spells have been improved.

My favorite staff with a mega bolt went from 66 to 71. Casting chance has not changed. That doesn't feel right.
    zamug

Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:32 pm

• Agree Zamug, my staff, which I have used since more or less the start doesnt feel like my staff anymore as the mega cost has jumped from 64 to 70... thats 6 points.... even to forge a new one I wouldnt get close to a similar staff. Feeling a bit robbed and gutted by this.

Nice that wizard level is unlocked, wish I could get all my lost XP back dated :)
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:50 pm

• stubar wrote:This is good. An overall leaderboard would be a great thing, some people enjoy the grind!! (not me!)

+1

Not that I like grinding (who does) but nice to gain a bit of kudos and status for being up at the top of the list after many hours of gameplay.
    Tess
    GOD

Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:55 pm

• gary wrote:Agree Zamug, my staff, which I have used since more or less the start doesnt feel like my staff anymore as the mega cost has jumped from 64 to 70... thats 6 points.... even to forge a new one I wouldnt get close to a similar staff. Feeling a bit robbed and gutted by this.

Nice that wizard level is unlocked, wish I could get all my lost XP back dated :)

We'll need no increase cap up to 133337 then :)

Also, 77% positive reviews! Good job Snapshot, finally we're climbing up from rng-hatred swamp.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:27 pm

• 9214 wrote:
    gary wrote:Agree Zamug, my staff, which I have used since more or less the start doesnt feel like my staff anymore as the mega cost has jumped from 64 to 70... thats 6 points.... even to forge a new one I wouldnt get close to a similar staff. Feeling a bit robbed and gutted by this.

We'll need no increase cap up to 133337 then :)

Also, 77% positive reviews! Good job Snapshot, finally we're climbing up from rng-hatred swamp.

recent reviews have just tipped 80% = Very Positive

Good job Snapshots :)
    stubar

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information