New Player feedback on tutorials

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 am

• Hi all ,

i enjoy the demo now since nearly 30 hours so a big thanks for the demo first. Started with playing the tutorial with law mode.

For me it was okay because i am somewhat familiar with these sort of games . Stoped the tutorial around the mid and started
    the offline ( Demo ) realm in law mode. I really enjoy it so far. The begining was a little confusing but that got away.

About the tutorial one thing that i didnt liked at the very first begining was these big screen pop up with so much info at once. I ignored it and got the info through playing the tutorial.

For the demo i would implent a tutorial that leads directly in the realm play because for the demo thats where the game begins to show his greatness. Right now is the risk that someone dont like the tutorial because whatever, starts the realm mode get confused and quits

Oh and of course a ingame libary about all Spells , Equipment and Creatures would be golden. Like the civ Series.

I had CR since 2015 on my Steamradar and the thing was i liked what i saw but at ( and right now too ) that time i was tired of the RNG Mechanic in Computergames especially against the AI. Had played a lot Xcom/EW+LWMOD.

So i wasnt sure about buying. Now you have done two great things the Demo and the Law mode. I think the Law Mode is a great Decision. As i played Xcom/LW i had often Situations where i was thinking i really wished these game (XCOM) had a Law Mode so to speak.

Its great because you give me two Games , like chess and backgammon in one package. Thanks again for that wise decision.

Of course in my 30 hours playtime i have played the chaos mode too. And yes sometimes it creates much more interessing game
    situations and yes sometimes i want to play chaos mode. But against the AI at least i think i prefer a lil bit the Law Mode.

I think with the Law mode you make the playerbase bigger .

Yeah Playerbase. Special Topic in always any Online game. For the multiplayer part i want these game mostly for 1v1 against some good friends. Because for me matters the most the one partie (?) that i play not the points to climb in the ladder/ranked bla bla.
    Sorry i think some games get ruined because they gave there potential away because they try hard to be something like Esport/Competive etc.

What i mean for my playstyle, i prefer one partie ( thats the german word for it need to google the english one some time ) against someone who i like to play with and have an interessting time.
    I know CR has the option to setup privat friendly games. And here i have some questions.

- can i setup the map size ? ( 1v1 )
    - can i switch off the turn limit ( i think yes ) ?
    - i would love the option to have a never ending deck ( this is for long games on big maps just for epic battles )

Reasons, i prefer lets say one partie with a playtime of 2 hours with a friend over 10 games with strangers to get some points for a ladder.

Please understand Ladders ( as options always ) are ok, of course. But i think the great thing about Chaos Reborn is its potential
    to have fun with a lot of playstyls for a lot of different people. Thats the point imo where a playerbase which is focussed on Ladder/Ranked often works anticlimatic for players who are not interessted in these sort of things.

I read here on the Forums somewhere that the maps in Duels are getting smaller. Thats what i mean. As long as i have options to setup my own parameters for friendly/private games anything is okay. But when the overall direction of the game gets dominated with things like faster play because more games because more Ladderclimbing and so on, that would be really sad i think.

Ok. Chaos Reborn = great game. Oh and please make a german version in 2018. I need to get some friends in this game.

Thanks for making this game.
    Dimarsul

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:05 pm

• Dimarsul wrote:Hi all ,

Hi, and welcome!

Dimarsul wrote:What i mean for my playstyle, i prefer one partie ( thats the german word for it need to google the english one some time ) against someone who i like to play with and have an interessting time.
    I know CR has the option to setup privat friendly games. And here i have some questions.

- can i setup the map size ? ( 1v1 )

As in number of players? Yes, you can make your friend a Friend in game and when selecting the players select the Invite option to specifically play with your friend. You can battle against them, or work together as a team against opponents. It is up to you. You can specifically pick a named map or have a random one selected for you.

Dimarsul wrote:- can i switch off the turn limit ( i think yes ) ?

Yes.

Dimarsul wrote:- i would love the option to have a never ending deck ( this is for long games on big maps just for epic battles )

No but you can gain extra spells from Magic Trees & using the Talisman Exemplum Funus (or planned from next update, subject to change, the Talisman Cantio Compositus).

Dimarsul wrote:Please understand Ladders ( as options always ) are ok,

Yes, the League/Ranked is entirely optional. A new Social Rank system based upon your own Wizard's experience points is being introduced but again, you can choose to ignore it if you wish.

Dimarsul wrote:I read here on the Forums somewhere that the maps in Duels are getting smaller. Thats what i mean. As long as i have options to setup my own parameters for friendly/private games anything is okay.

Yes, the maps are named so you'll be able to select the ones you like.

Hope that helps, if you have anymore questions just ask.

Farious
    Farious

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Information