Epic Staffs - coming soon

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:51 pm

• Love the new staff designs & hopefully a Mount one will be appearing in the future. Great stuff so far, can't wait!

MattyRasker wrote:
    MattyRasker wrote:https://twitter.com/chaosgonerogue/status/765888079127248896

Is that 4 talisman slots I see there?

Apparently not :lol:

https://twitter.com/biscuitstalker/stat ... 8891941888

I can imagine the reaction it is had been :lol:
    Last edited by Farious on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Farious

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:57 pm

• They look great. I'm glad that it's a Law staff and a Chaos staff that is getting the epic treatment, the strict alignment staffs almost deserve to have something a bit extra special about them because the stats on all the other staff types are generally more appealing.

MattyRasker wrote:Is that 4 talisman slots I see there?

Yes, I'm pretty sure that they are 4 double sided 'one-size-fits-all' talisman slots that can house 8 talismans of any type, this is confirmed... I'd be tempted to go with 4 mana binds and 4 major buffs, or 8 minor buffs (and 7 valor 1 sorcery on my epic bodygear).

(just to clarify, when I say 'confirmed' I mean that I can confirm that this is a rumour started by me)
    Mazy

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:40 pm

• Another option for pvp is to create a separate Equipped mode for Epic gear. That way you can use your staff with a new spell or stat boosts, but you'll be playing against someone who does the same. You'll still get an advantage over less equipped players when running realms, but the pvp stays balanced.

Maybe offer a new epic medal, title, or something for the epic equipped matches.
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:45 am

• You know i don't mind this idea at a
    Glass Jaw wrote:Another option for pvp is to create a separate Equipped mode for Epic gear. That way you can use your staff with a new spell or stat boosts, but you'll be playing against someone who does the same. You'll still get an advantage over less equipped players when running realms, but the pvp stays balanced.

Maybe offer a new epic medal, title, or something for the epic equipped matches.

You know, i don't find this idea that bad at all everything considered.
    It could be a fantastic way to make king fights more interesting (as opposed to just dropping a pal with them) Realms mode pvp is already unbalanced (in the fantastic way it should be) so i don't see it interfering with that.

and for special tournaments, game mode in the custom lobby epic load outs could be great fun! Just have a special tab for 'epic loadouts' and have epic gear work as it normally would in regular pvp.

I can't really see how it would divide the player base, it's more just a novelty thing...which would be fun as heck in custom games/realms...though perhaps leaving the epic gear strictly on the lords/king might be in order to not make this mode too easy. (might not be required though)
    anjovi

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Information