Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:12 pm

• Chaos Reborn's WIkipedia page, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Reborn was beginning to look like a paralysed Zombie so I've added a brief section on Duel Mode. If anyone else wants to dive in I think it would be great as other games that have taken a similar development path as CR seem to get their pages updated rather regularly and I think it helps to communicate that this game is still under active development and going places.
    Last edited by Farious on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:59 pm

• Nice one, wow it really is devoid of a lot of information.

Also I didn't realise there was a Wikia page for CR as well (of course there is!), which also appears to be lacking in content.. looks like a big job that one, detailing everything in a wikia for a game like this, a lot of work!

I once tried to update The Sopranos Wikia (to make it more accurate) but they kept deleting my alterations (I think they blocked me to lol). I'm worried that if I start adding stuff to CR online databases, I probably won't be able to stop lol
    Mazy

Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:11 am

Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:33 am

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:I bet we can give them a run for their money https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/715138000083165188

Well, I'm willing to give it a go! :)

Mazy wrote:Nice one, wow it really is devoid of a lot of information.

Yeah, actually it looks quite bad & isn't a good advert for the game considering its rich history. I don't know about you, and yes wikipedia isn't reliable (except for what I write of course :) ), but when deciding whether or not to buy a game I always have a quick flick through of the Wikipedia entry as well as YouTube videos.

Mazy wrote:Also I didn't realise there was a Wikia page for CR as well (of course there is!), which also appears to be lacking in content.. looks like a big job that one, detailing everything in a wikia for a game like this, a lot of work!

I know :) It's so out of date it says you can open chests in Realms. :)

Mazy wrote:I'm worried that if I start adding stuff to CR online databases, I probably won't be able to stop lol

It is your calling, you know it is!!!!

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:01 am

• ... I've added Chaos Reborn's Golden Joystick nomination - any others people can recall? (I'm sure I recall reading somewhere that Snapshot themselves got an award/nomination for most successful Kickstarter or something??????). Anyway, think I'll try to add something a day so if someone wants to chuck ideas at me rather than edit it themselves then let me know. I don't think I'll be touching the wikia pages though, just the Wikipedia one.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:20 am

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:24 pm

• Farious wrote:I don't think I'll be touching the wikia pages though, just the Wikipedia one.

MattyRasker wrote:I've offered assistance to try and update the Wikia site.

It's settled then! two talented web designers on the case, both sites are in good hands.. I'll have to bookmark these sites on chrome now. Don't block my IP when I start altering entries, I'll just be trying to keep you on your toes!

..Here's my entry for the section on Gary, which I've no doubt is top of your list of things to amend...

'The 'Gary' - Is an in-game character (NPC?) capable of destroying you or mentoring you, the decision is entirely yours. The Gary is voice acted by the one and only Gary P... Gary established an early cult status among players for his willingness to pass down his knowledge of all things Chaos.

To players who have yet to cross staffs with him, Gary is an almost mythical figure to them, they know that one day they will meet him in battle, it is inevitable.. Some freeze in fear when they first encounter 'The Wizard of Wizards', but they are soon made to feel at ease when they are greeted by one of the many pleasantries that Gary is famous for uttering (none of which are repeatable on a public forum), besides, they always leave the match with a big smile on their face after they unlock the 'Gary just mega-bolted me in the face' steam achievement award (which is currently the most achieved in-game steam achievement)..

He's a wizard in great demand, as a great philanthropist he has a passion for helping others, this means Co-Op, when you click the 'Ally' button who do you think answer's the call? ..it's no wonder he doesn't even have time to change staffs.

Origins: Some say that The Gary is a highly advanced continually evolving AI program (which explains the 5000+ steam hours despite the game only being on general release for 4000 hours approx.). Others say that Gary is actually a live action character, part human, part actual wizard.. a hybrid super human immortal Chaos player.. just one of the many genius innovations introduced by the great Julian Gollop to keep the matchmaker ticking over (forever).

Gary displays frightening levels of multitasking skills, he can play multiple games of Chaos whilst commentating on twitch streams and answering hundreds of trivial questions from his adoring fans, all whilst listening to really loud dance mixes and watching the occasional movie.

There have been multiple reports of players all saying that they are currently in a game with Gary at the same time..'I'm playing Gary in a Law Duel!'.. 'You can't be? He's currently saving my ass in a Chaos Realm battle' ..he's everywhere!.. it is not known how he achieves these feats.

Snapshot are currently re-designing the profile screen's UI just to be able to display his wizard level and gold/XP totals without breaking the game (which are rapidly approaching 8 figure sums)...The man, the myth, the legend - top bloke'
    Mazy

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:47 pm

• :lol:

One of my mates picked up the game a few weeks back, had no idea what was going on in realms and said someone helped him a lot over several nights, in fact every time he pressed the button the same person seemed to show up.

I asked if it was gary & it was!
    worto03

Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:55 pm

• Awesome!... Now that's customer service! ..How many other games have that level of in-depth hands-on live MP/SP coaching/interactive tutorial.
    Mazy

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:01 pm

• I have begun adding a Creatures section and added a table of their special abilities. Proof reading etc appreciated. Also if anyone has tables of stats, equations etc I can have a gander at then that would also be hugely appreciated.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Reborn#Creatures

Mazy wrote:..Here's my entry for the section on Gary, which I've no doubt is top of your list of things to amend...'

:lol: Actually since Garivano is named after him he will likely be getting a mention when I add the equipment section :) . I'm still waiting for Snapshot to introduce the Farious Bolt, it's like a normal Magic Bolt but has a 100% chance of missing the target and randomly killing one of your own creatures. True story, first time I played Lords of Chaos I didn't realise Magic Lightning could jump from one creature to next & killed myself with it! :lol:

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information