Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
User avatar
MattyRasker
Posts:1250
Joined:Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:14 pm
Contact:
Re: Wikipedia Page

Post by MattyRasker » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:33 am

Farious wrote:The entries for Lion & Vampire have been done. Any concept art, screenshots, videos, or tips & tricks for using the units would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks (and please feel free to point out any mistakes!!!).

The new pages are here >>
http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures
We've got the up to date pictures of the creatures, if I forgot to send you those let me know.

User avatar
Farious
Posts:1211
Joined:Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am
Location:England
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia Page

Post by Farious » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:53 pm

MattyRasker wrote:
Farious wrote:The entries for Lion & Vampire have been done. Any concept art, screenshots, videos, or tips & tricks for using the units would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks (and please feel free to point out any mistakes!!!).

The new pages are here >>
http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures
We've got the up to date pictures of the creatures, if I forgot to send you those let me know.
k. Will do :)

User avatar
Farious
Posts:1211
Joined:Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am
Location:England
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Post by Farious » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:48 am

Manticore & Elf are now done. Feedback welcome.

http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures

User avatar
RafiRomero
Posts:1278
Joined:Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 am
Location:Cumbria, UK
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Post by RafiRomero » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:25 am

This is looking awesome! I can't believe you've got video footage of the megas and stuff, great work!

I think, if possible, on the main creatures page:
http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures
It would be great to have a table of all creatures like
http://lawandchaos.co.uk/Chaospedia/Battles.aspx

I think on the creature pages themselves, the abilities should be explicit. E.g., for "Leech", either some hover-text or a clickable link that describes leech as "Killing a living creature (not undead or illusion) grants +20 attack and +10 defense".
Leap: "May end move by leaping up or down cliff. Grants double attack strength when leaping down".
Image

User avatar
MattyRasker
Posts:1250
Joined:Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Post by MattyRasker » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:15 pm

RafiRomero wrote:This is looking awesome! I can't believe you've got video footage of the megas and stuff, great work!

I think, if possible, on the main creatures page:
http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures
It would be great to have a table of all creatures like
http://lawandchaos.co.uk/Chaospedia/Battles.aspx

I think on the creature pages themselves, the abilities should be explicit. E.g., for "Leech", either some hover-text or a clickable link that describes leech as "Killing a living creature (not undead or illusion) grants +20 attack and +10 defense".
Leap: "May end move by leaping up or down cliff. Grants double attack strength when leaping down".
OK, so this:

http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Creatures

Is is a Category page. So any page entry that is categorised as a "Creature" will appear here.

There is also a page called Creatures:

http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Creature (it will soon have an s)

Which will have exactly what you are wanting :) That Creature page will be sub catted under "Spells", and there will be other pages "Attack" and "Miscellaneous" under the "Spells" page. So it may even end up as http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Spells/Creatures, but until I have admin access there is not much else i can do.

Farious is doing an amazing job at getting the creatures in, while currently I'm creating the pages and will aid in content soon after. But what I'm really waiting on is for admin access.

User avatar
Farious
Posts:1211
Joined:Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am
Location:England
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Post by Farious » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:48 pm

RafiRomero wrote:This is looking awesome! I can't believe you've got video footage of the megas and stuff, great work!
Thanks, hugely appreciated.
RafiRomero wrote:It would be great to have a table of all creatures like
As said above, MattyRasker's getting that sorted. Unfortunately until he is given admin rights we are stuck with the old navigation menu so finding stuff can be a bit of a nightmare :)
RafiRomero wrote:I think on the creature pages themselves, the abilities should be explicit. E.g., for "Leech", either some hover-text or a clickable link that describes leech as "Killing a living creature (not undead or illusion) grants +20 attack and +10 defense".
Leap: "May end move by leaping up or down cliff. Grants double attack strength when leaping down".
I was debating internally whether to have a page for all Special Abilities with a link to them from the Creature's page (so a player could look at them all in one go) or do sort of a list on each Creature's page itself. I'm heavily leaning towards the Creature Page approach though as it makes more sense but in fact I might just do both.

User avatar
Farious
Posts:1211
Joined:Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am
Location:England
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Post by Farious » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:53 pm


User avatar
Farious
Posts:1211
Joined:Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am
Location:England
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Post by Farious » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:08 pm

I have changed the theme so the Wiki should work on mobile now. @MattyRasker is on holiday atm so it is all my fault if it doesn't or is now hideous on the desktop!

If you want to check it out but go to the main page the background will likely be an advert, so try here:
http://chaosreborn.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Spells

User avatar
MattyRasker
Posts:1250
Joined:Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Post by MattyRasker » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:33 am

:roll: I go away for one day ;)

I have brought tablet and laptop so if I can make some edits I will, but can't commit really until I'm home on Friday.

User avatar
Farious
Posts:1211
Joined:Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:36 am
Location:England
Contact:

Re: Wikipedia and Wikia Pages

Post by Farious » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:17 pm

MattyRasker wrote::roll: I go away for one day ;)

I have brought tablet and laptop so if I can make some edits I will, but can't commit really until I'm home on Friday.
Don't worry about it & enjoy your holiday - that's the important thing.

Locked