I wish I could spend my Gold on...

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• Viking34 wrote:Building off of the 'your tower' personallized hall idea, a feasible and simple way to implement this could be to just give each player a map - a completely standard battle map with no elevated terrain and no obstructions. Players could spend gold to add creatures, trees, mana sprites etc. This way everyone ends up with different areas no matter what, unless they collaborate with someone else to make them identical.

Most of the assets are already in the game

i love it!

Sort of reminds me of how i envisioned the original proposition for kickstarter realms. A sort of casual farmville like thing were you just upgrade this battle ground + realm defenses for other players to try to defeat. I could see this being a cool guild metagame thing, were you use the pool of gold in a guild to save up for a fancy arena, which could then be lost to other guilds through battling and such.
    anjovi

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:Do you mean something that you could actually play on, like having your own 'home ground'?

I think it would be important for other players to be able to visit your Tower but I don't think it should be a combat zone. Here's a thought, the game lacks ingame PM - how about people from your Friends list can leave messages on your tower's 'wall' so to speak? Not literal graphic ones - basically it would be a snazzy UI gimmick :)

Viking34 wrote:Building off of the 'your tower' personallized hall idea, a feasible and simple way to implement this could be to just give each player a map - a completely standard battle map with no elevated terrain and no obstructions. Players could spend gold to add creatures, trees, mana sprites etc. This way everyone ends up with different areas no matter what, unless they collaborate with someone else to make them identical. Most of the assets are already in the game

+1. I'm not sure about the collaborate thing though as I can see it being cumbersome to implement & peoples' Towers being deliberately destroyed if people fell out but otherwise, yeah, agree 100%. All, I say 'all' :) , Snapshot have to do is create the building parts' meshes and textures... aim for 3 building styles at first, Stone Gothic, Tudor wood, Roman Marple or something & boom. Then add bonus stuff if it proves popular like herb gardens, statues etc.

anjovi wrote:i love it!

+1

anjovi wrote:Sort of reminds me of how i envisioned the original proposition for kickstarter realms.

I never actually read the King perks etc before backing Chaos Reborn, I did it purely to support the game and wouldn't care if I lost all my perks. But that's just me. However, back on point, when I found out I could create Realms I actually still assumed that was what they were talking about and that the plan was for each Wizard King to build their own Battle Map then defend it! Reality, slightly different :) but I'm not complaining - I've made one or two Realms :)
    Farious

• Now that you mention it, i'd be completely cool with my backer privileges being distributed to everyone! For me the backing was more just a token of my gratitude (along with trying to think of ways to make realms work)

Would love to see tools like this being integrated into the core experience or player base to foster the content growth of the game.

I've got to say though, i've never played anything like realms mode here...the hybrid of stuff is very unique and if just polished could be really stand out material. I've played games like homm and thea the awakening and like the premise but find the games too damn fiddly to really get sucked in..chaos realms on the other hand have the potential of just being a very streamlined version of that, again just needs the right tweaks to make it sing.
    anjovi

• anjovi wrote:Now that you mention it, i'd be completely cool with my backer privileges being distributed to everyone! For me the backing was more just a token of my gratitude (along with trying to think of ways to make realms work)

Others aren't willing to give them up though no matter what & take the kickstarter privileges very seriously. Which is fair dues but even with Julian involved this is a kickstarter and I've always recognised it could go belly up (though I will say what it takes to prevent that happening even if it annoys the hell out of some :) )

anjovi wrote:Would love to see tools like this being integrated into the core experience or player base to foster the content growth of the game.

Its not really about creating content its about giving someone ownership so they keep coming back imho. One of the fundamental flaws of Realms is that they are meant to be 'your' realm to defend but are designed to expire and have a load of restrictions such as time which you can't control. Realms are very much not 'your' Realm whilst a Tower would be your Tower.

anjovi wrote:I've got to say though, i've never played anything like realms mode here...the hybrid of stuff is very unique and if just polished could be really stand out material.

I have to disagree. The current set of Realms need to be deprecated and Snapshot take what they've got and turn it into a proper RPG or Strategy game for a Realms 2.0. Look at the agro you have to create a Realm with enough reinforcement points to have something remotely approaching an epic battle.... Its endless time delays and banish spell manipulations. The hybrid doesn't work in my view and after PvP is hopefully sorted I think us designers & mods need to get into the Realm Design forum and have a virtual bloodbath over which way we think a 'Realms 2.0'' should go. Personally I'm for an open world RPG game with commodities, artefacts, NPCs, sub and main quests etc but I know others really don't want that and that's fair enough but at the minute everyone is suffering because Designers have hit the system's creative limitations and can't go any further imho.
    Farious

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Information