Someone should do a Chaos Reborn Podcast

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• Just imho, but I think a Chaos Reborn podcast would be cool. Make it monthly & split it - 50% Chaos Reborn, 50% other fantasy RPG or Strategy gaming so non-CR players can listen and then potentially get hooked. It could cover updates, rule changes, tournaments, league winners, new Realms, rumours etc & give strategy tips and the like etc. . If nothing else & if done well it would help give the impression that the game is alive and well and with a solid foundation of dedicated fans. Other games such as Civ have a podcast, so why not Chaos Reborn?
    Farious

• I always planned to reduce my Streams to a podcast but my current PC is too poor to stream and I have not accumulated the mana to summon a new one yet.

Matty's Monday Stream is always a good place for Chaos chat as well.

A regular podcast would be fun I think. :)

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

• We did one for a bit. Didn't have enough of an audience to make it worth the time it took.
    AllenStroud

• AllenStroud wrote:We did one for a bit. Didn't have enough of an audience to make it worth the time it took.

I didn't know that - I'm going to have to try to find an episode to listen to now! :) Anyway, that's why I suggested it be 50% Chaos Reborn, 50% other stuff. I doubt it would have many listeners at all toh, like just 4 or 5 if lucky at first XD, & would certainly be more of a fun hobby project for a dedicated fan.

SlipperyJim wrote:I always planned to reduce my Streams to a podcast but my current PC is too poor to stream and I have not accumulated the mana to summon a new one yet.

I'm waiting for Zen. I <3 my 65w i7 4770S too much to replace it with anything else on the market atm.

SlipperyJim wrote:Matty's Monday Stream is always a good place for Chaos chat as well.

+1 but most people don't have 2 hours to kill (I can't listen to it all on the night) plus it is just Chaos Reborn so is preaching to the converted mostly.

SlipperyJim wrote:A regular podcast would be fun I think. :)

Sounds like you are volunteering as host...

I was thinking of it just happening via Twitch or YouTube Live with a host & a co-host/guest or may just a single host? Play Chaos Reborn with the audio off and work through a Google doc of major news in the game industry or world of fantasy/cult books/films/gaming, mentioning CR if it could affect it, then shift strictly to Chaos Reborn stuff. I'm imagining something 30mins long at most if its monthly, or maybe 15mins if fortnightly & it deals with cult films/TV & stuff too. The YouTube video could then be downloaded, the audio removed and uploaded to iTunes & Google Play.

Anyway, I think it could be neat little thing to listen to so maybe a few of us should brainstorm some ideas & if it goes nowhere so be it?
    Farious

• Ive always pondered doing a section of Monday Night, purely dedicated to just talking about all things Chaos, but Gary and I wonder into that anyway during gameplay so I left it at that really.

As for podcast, never done it, always willing to give it a shot but it would take time to record, edit, perfect etc.
    MattyRasker

• You could possibly just edit tidbits of your twitch stream matty. Maybe have a section were you open have topics to address and have some little funky transition music/audio cart to transition between points. can even add little tidbits throughout the stream that randomly come up.

have the chaos battling going on in the background...could be fun, but might require a bit too much stress making it all polished and what have you.
    anjovi

• I like the idea Anjovi, but don't expect anything of pro quality from me, at least not yet anyway ;)

Example, last night was a perfect night to cover a few things - provisional date for next update, piccies of upcoming epic staffs, Duel Mode Chaos (actually, scratch that last topic :p), but we really would have to keep it at 10 minutes or so, and what to put in the stream while it's happening? Not sure, could go cheese level and have some swooping titles coming in ala American News bulletins.
    MattyRasker

• gotta go with the cheese matty...xD

yeah it'd be interesting, though i can appreciate the difficulty in making something like it work.
    anjovi

• Maybe there is an opportunity for a tie in with the Wiki here? Perhaps the Wiki should have its own YouTube Channel?...
    Farious

Return to General Discussion

Information