7 months hiatus

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
FrozenPhantom

7 months hiatus

Post by FrozenPhantom » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:59 am

If any one is interested in reading my thoughts on the changes I missed while on hiatus. I recognize this post may be platitudinous.

I guess I should start with a little back story about myself: I started playing Chaos Reborn about 2 days before TB made his initial video on the game. My favorite game mode is classic Chaos. While im fine with mana being in classic chaos id still like mana to be taken out.

During my time with this game ive gone by many names; Wuden, Odin, FrozenPhantom, and right now its Uvahash. Last year I managed to keep my win rate at exactly 50% for about 530 some games, which isn't an essential fact but I like to mention it cause I feel it says something about me that I intentionally kept my win rate like that. I also tend to take fairly long breaks from this game when ever I feel my luck turning for the worse.

I do so like the concept of duels. for starters their a game mode where new players can jump in and not have to care about the difference in equipped and classic, law and chaos, synched and asynch. You just start the game click a button and your queued up. Although I have noticed a decline in the sense of community I once felt. Could be that ive simply run into a few bad apples but in all the duels ive played not a single person has said anything, and I started those games with a friendly Good Evening/morning/afternoon and no one responds, that not really a black mark on duels just new players. While I like the concept of duels I dont like how their law only.

Mainly because I dont like playing law. Now I havnt played much of it but I just dont like it. Im a player who likes to play silly alot, really abuse the chaotic nature of the game EX: unless im playing super serious I always try for a turn one giant. Law doesnt let me do that. It could be that back in February I was heavily favoring a juggernaut build that let me stack armor and weapons, and how that feels notably weaker in law. I guess to sum it up law mode feels like it cut back on alot of the things I thought were fun about this game. Sure it still has alot of strategy and tactics too it, but it doesnt have a rat beating a dragon in single combat. All that being said im not gonna sit here and pretend it hasnt had a resoundingly good effect on the games player base.

Those are my thought, tell me where im wrong
“You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never to get involved in a land war in Asia. And only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

Ign: Uvahash

Riklindour

Re: 7 months hiatus

Post by Riklindour » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:49 am

Hello and Welcome back Wizard from the Ancient Past! It is a, a person you most likely have never seen before or know anything about. Glad to have you back.

Now the reason you are encountering opponents who do not respond is because after you spend a certain while in the dual mode que the game will automatically give you an AI opponent to face and with Chaos Reborn's current active player base that unfortunately tends to happen a lot

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:01 am

Welcome back to the game FP.
FrozenPhantom wrote: Mainly because I dont like playing law. Now I havnt played much of it but I just dont like it. Im a player who likes to play silly alot, really abuse the chaotic nature of the game EX: unless im playing super serious I always try for a turn one giant.
And I challenge you to a Lazy Mazy! :-D

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

Incarnadine

Post by Incarnadine » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:47 am

The increase in players can bring an increase of less friendly folks, not allways unfriendly, but the hit points gamers may be a bit different to the devil may cry RNG have a go heroes. people who accept RNG accept that in life things dont allways go your way hit pointers can get a bit miffed when they discover this. also with more playrs come more games and its a bit like city vs country life you dont say hello to everyone you see in the city there are just too many people increase in playerbase = more like city. Also many of the previous players were how shall we say of a certain vintage for these to doff the had and nod the head seems natural. But all in all while there are some epic muppets out there they tend to be here today and gone tomorrow.

also a point i just thought of is in duels people are often just farming crystals they dont want to run into real players who may kill their streak. this may mean they are a bit disapointed you are not a bot and hence less friendly.

Welcome back i look forward to killing you...after a polite hello :)
PRETENAMA

yovargas

Post by yovargas » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:41 pm

If you say hello in a Duel and get no response, it probably means you're playing against an AI bot, not a human.

FrozenPhantom

Post by FrozenPhantom » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:29 pm

What is a lazy mazy and when do oyu want to get beat
“You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never to get involved in a land war in Asia. And only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

Ign: Uvahash

Stitchy

Post by Stitchy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:21 am

at duel lvl 40 u want humans to not lose before turn 3

RafiRomero

Post by RafiRomero » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:20 am

Right-click your duel opponent; if you can't mute or report them, they're AI.
Chaos mode is coming to duels: https://twitter.com/chaosgonerogue probably in the testing branch later today.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:52 pm

FrozenPhantom wrote:What is a lazy mazy and when do oyu want to get beat
You basically attempt to cast the lowest chance spell in your hand on every single turn (No boosting allowed).

I'll send you a friend request, and then lets have a go if you fancy it?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

anjovi

Post by anjovi » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:04 pm

I remember you! good to be seeing you buddy!

Otherwise I've actually taken a liking to law mode. I wasn't sure at first either but it's really a matter of it shifting the dynamics around (becoming a new game almost)

spells and tactics are totally different, certain creatures/spells are buffed/nerfed with the new rule systems. You'll see alot more combos that are akin to your general card games (more so with talismans and the creature/spells playing off one another...classic law mode seriously lacks in this regard which is why i imagine no ones really playing it.)

The only rng elements left are just gooey blob/paralyze/web so they function more like your "RNG Card" in your typical card games.

Otherwise it's actually made realms alot more enjoyable for me as before the rng nature of chaos mode sort of clashes a bit with the singleplayer character driven stories.

Still play chaos mode a good amount and hope that over time you'll just see more cross over as players come to the game and as little fixes like (having a law/chaos mode loadout equipped at the same time) encourage the cross over.