Version 1.12 Beta Testing Build Available

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
stubar

Re: Version 1.12 Beta Testing Build Availabe

Post by stubar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:52 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:I think you might be a touch richer than me Gary...
I'm sitting on 115 gold, and there's no game mode available that I can play quick enough and/or enjoy that gives me a means to earn any more.

So whether it's 1000 gold, or 100,000 gold; epic gear feels pretty unobtainable from where I'm sitting.

My own situation aside. I think for a new player 1000 is a good amount, I like the suggestion of Epic Gear being puchased as seperate pieces, rather than wholesale, and there's always room for more expensive Epic gear to follow. Snake armour at 2000 gold, Faun armour at 5000 gold, Dragon armour at 10,000 gold.
generally games that offer gear like this make the new gear expensive when it's new. When new gear comes along, the old gear can becomes cheaper. (or easier to obtain). Owning the new gear then becomes more exclusive, which is what people like.

Make "epic" gear tough to get, it's supposed to be motivation to play the game. CR needs this big time.

I'm not sure trading gold for the gear is the best route in the first place.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:57 pm

stubar wrote: I'm not sure trading gold for the gear is the best route in the first place.
That's a good point.

Would epic gear provide better service to the game if it existed as a tournament prize, or as something that belonged to guilds maybe?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

stubar

Post by stubar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:46 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:
stubar wrote: I'm not sure trading gold for the gear is the best route in the first place.
That's a good point.

Would epic gear provide better service to the game if it existed as a tournament prize, or as something that belonged to guilds maybe?
i'm not sure of the best way. at least with gold method you can accumulate through different methods e/g realms, ranked, etc. so the player has some choice.

it'd be nice to have a pvp armour/staff that can only be gained through reaching an ELO rating in ranked (although that's about to get easier in 1.12, so maybe a reward isn't required as it would be too easily achievable) personally i'd make this type of reward temporary. so would be accessible for the following month, so it would need to be re-earned. not sure how that would go down with other players though :)

yovargas

Re: Version 1.12 Beta Testing Build Available

Post by yovargas » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:42 pm

Mana for burning first spell reduced from 9 to 8.
Can someone please explain to me the reasoning behind this? I've heard some say numerous times that 9 is "too much" but I can't recall ever seeing the actual argument as to why. I do know that the 9 extra mana has never felt like a particularly significant or game altering amount to me.