The Naming of game modes.

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

The Naming of game modes.

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:43 pm

One thing to consider when naming game modes:

The names 'Law Mode' and 'Chaos Mode' are misleading when used as terms to describe modes of play if what is actually being offered is only Equipped Law Mode and Equipped Chaos Mode.

As a Classic Chaos player I was pretty disappointed when I found out that 'Chaos Mode' coming to Duels didn't offer the particular type of match that I prefer to play. I probably would have felt a bit that way in any case, but it was worse for thinking that 'Chaos Mode' would include Classic Chaos. Someone eventually cleared this up, Ped I think, but it wasn't clear from the offset.

If you really want to call Law Equipped and Chaos Equipped as 'Law Mode' and 'Chaos Mode' Another option could be to drop Classic Law Mode entirely, and then have only three in game modes; Law Mode, Chaos Mode, and Classic Mode.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.

SpiteAndMalice
DEMIGOD

Re: The Naming of game modes.

Post by SpiteAndMalice » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:12 pm

The spectate match screen is also misleading.

Competition Types should be League/Custom/Duel

Game Mode should show the type of match being played i.e. Equipped Chaos - DuelChaos is just Equipped Chaos in this sense.

And there's also an anomily in the Players and Teams Column where Benvaulter's Game shows as 1 vs 1 game, rather than 2 player game as the rest do.
Attachments
Incorrect Game Modes.png

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.