Why I don't care any more

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:52 pm

• kazarey wrote: Secondly, as the number of newcomers is small, it could be a rare occasion that a newbie is playing against a newbie. More commonly it would be a newbie vs an experienced player, and the newbie would almost always lose just because he doesn't yet get basic tactics of the game. A rough chess comparison could be letting a newcomer play against a National Master. It doesn't teach you anything, it's just frustrating, even though in the case of Chaos Reborn the community is friendly and amiable.

I've long said that new players should be getting filtered into a friendly mode, rather than a competitive one. In custom games we're now picking up a few new players and talking to them about the game whilst they find their feet. I don't think that many find their own way into it though.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:01 am

• Could be a cute idea for a level 1 realm. Having some wizard guy/gal going through explaining the nuances of the online modes and how to get into the game in general. Sort of like rafi's tutorial, and psylums battle grounds.
    anjovi

Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:50 am

• Ugh, more tutorial stuff before one can actually play a game. All that stuff should be optional and skippable. Back in the day we didn't need to be told every little thing before we started experimenting, we often learned as we went and as a consequence we still love those games. Just like the original Chaos, which I find to be the superior gaming experience.
    kingius

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Information