Why I don't care any more

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:51 pm

• I don't really care about this game any more. I still play, because it was one of the best in my library, but right now I'm running out of asyncs and don't have any motivation to start new ones. This game used to be great, awesome live games full of tactics and probabilities. Law mode killed the probabilities, the rhetoric was that it would increase the player base. I liked the pre-duel maps, with enough room to maneuver, to evade, I liked to have two player games that could last 25 or more turns. Duel mode killed those maps, and the ability to have longer matches.

I don't mind law mode, I play it occasionally. I don't mind duels, I play them occasionally. But when duels came out I immediately complained about one thing: The friggin quick match button was gone. You know what, when I want to play a match I like, nowadays I have to perform too many clicks to get to where I want to be.

Click League, click live, select mode (up to seven clicks when I play with options). If I just played a law game I'll want different gear for chaos mode, that's three more clicks. Then send challenge. So, usually something from five to thirteen (?) clicks. And when I want to play a duel or async game after that, I have to perform all those clicks again.

So, congrats on killing what, to me, was the best part of this game. Again, I don't mind the options, everybody should be able to play what they want. I can't.

Anyway, looks like the devs have already moved on to their new game.

I'll try to play dota again. Maybe I can get into that.
    zamug

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:15 pm

• I, too, got burned out of this game and stopped playing cold turkey for about 3 months after a couple of months of winding down. I came back not too long ago and now am have a good time.

There will be another major update early next year. Unsolicited suggestion? Just walk away from the game for a few months and perhaps check in after the next update or so.

NoWorries
    GOD

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:43 pm

• im having a break too (im sure that is good news to some people)
    i think the lack of content eventually got to me
    dont get me wrong this game has a lot of content, but it is only natural that it will run out at some point
    so i will be back in a couple of months with a fresh mind hopefully
    Stitchy

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:41 pm

• Haven't touched the game in over half a year. I'll probably give it another go once the final significant update is in place, to see what has been changed, but otherwise I'm just patiently waiting for Phoenix Point.
    But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.
    TΛPETRVE

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:49 pm

• I have a feeling some of the balance changes (map tweaks mainly) might have lost me a fair bit.
    Curious to see if this gets switched up down the line.
    anjovi

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:31 pm

• All I can add at this point is that Snapshot have stated they are continuing to develop this game and that we should see some details in the new year.

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage and Community Manager!

Arenji is my patron God.

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / YouTube / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:51 am

• At the moment I am on a bit of a hiatus because I have found the only times I can reliably put in asynch moves are mornings and evenings and spending 30+ minutes to make my moves destroyed the free time I had in those periods (plus I don't make optimal moves when I have just woken up &-) ).
    ////// T S U R T //////
    /// I ///////////// E ///
    /// N //////////// W //
    //// RECURRENCE //
    Obsilium

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:13 pm

• Been playing for 30 years, will still be playing in 30 years. Chaos is for life, not just for Christmas:)
    ustolemytiger

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 pm

• ustolemytiger wrote:Been playing for 30 years, will still be playing in 30 years. Chaos is for life, not just for Christmas:)

Chaos is Life. Life is Chaos.

I think you are on to something, ustolemytiger!

NoWorries
    GOD

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information