Snapshot News

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:45 am

• Hi all,
    It's about time I updated everybody on the situation at Snapshot Games and Chaos Reborn. We have been working hard to get funding for our new game 'Phoenix Point'. This has proved to be a long and exhausting process and as yet we don't have any resolution. There are some promising leads, however, and I hope to announce something in the near future.
    As for Chaos Reborn, further development is contingent on Phoenix Point getting off the ground. There is not enough income from the game for the whole development team here, but any future income we get from the game will go into supporting it.
    The next release will only have one new feature, and that is localisation support. If Phoenix Point is funded we will be able to get the main language versions paid for, but in the meantime we will try to crowdsource localisation as far as possible. Watch out for further news on this.
    Finally, we have made the decision to reduce the main price point from $20 to $10 on steam and gog.com. I hope this will generate a bit more interest from new players. There will also be a discount week starting 20th February.
    Julian Gollop
    Site Admin

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 am

Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 pm

• Thanks for letting us know Julian.

Is there anything at all that we could help with?

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:33 pm

• Wish you folks the best! phoenix point sounds very promising!

Otherwise on the subject of localization and ways for the community to help.
    Why don't we try to gather up all of the potential localizers we can?

From what i understand, the tools look like they'll work with all aspects of the game. (GUI, menu screen buttons, creature descriptions, tutorial blurbs/game guides and even realms)
    I can imagine the work of a few could surely help many get into the game. just divying up who'd want to translate what aspects of a language (I couldn't possibly imagine realm stuff fitting into this effort....heh)

That said, what snapshot devs might be able to implement alongside the localization support is small little gui bits explaining which languages have been integrated by the community. Perhaps for realms, to support different languages you could now have an icon in the realms menu indicating which language a realm supports. (though i imagine only seeing 1 per realm)

guiding potential buyers to this information could be interesting to. Say once a language is supported by the community you make a steam news update or forum post and guide players to it from the store page. Might be a bit of a reach though.

This small feature might be able to support the community enough, and give the devs some leeway while official language support is fully developed.
    anjovi

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:32 pm

• Thanks for update:)
    ustolemytiger

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:06 am

• Julian, if you guys ever decide to go back to Kickstarter (or one of the other portals), we'll be there to support it and spread the word. The Chaos Reborn KS campaign was nothing if not stressful, but the goal was achieved (just). Not sure if you want to go through that stress again, but if you chose the right time for the campaign, generate interest in advance and get the right people on board, I think it would work well. Kickstarter is still viable for the right projects (look at The Banner Saga 3 which just blew past its funding goal right off the bat, in a not-dissimilar genre). There's still an appetite for X-Com style shenanigans, and I think Phoenix Point would probably do better than Chaos Reborn to be honest.

Anyway, good luck with the current avenues.
    krayzkrok

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am

• Thank you for the update. :)

NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:11 pm

• Thanks for the update, good luck guys!

Farious
    Realm Designer, King Backer, Demigod, Realm Moderator & Wiki Admin.
    Graduate of Chaos & Lords of Chaos.

#ChaosReborn stuff:
    Wiki | My Videos
    Farious

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:30 pm

• Thank you sir for the update on the matter, I gladly join the others in wishing you good luck, go Snapshot go! :)
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka

Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information