Extra content in the form of maps.

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:01 am

• I'm just wondering whether it's possible in anyway to get some more maps for the multiplayer version of the game?

This form of play is, to me, the ideal way to play Chaos Reborn, but the format suffers slightly at the high end from the fact that there is only 14 maps for 5 player mode, and only 11 for 6 player mode. In contrast, duels have around 40 maps to choose from.

To which, I don't know the ins and outs of this, but is the creation of more maps relatively easy content to introduce?

Would it be something that you could classify as a game update if you did introduce more maps? (And as result helping to retain player/attract new ones?)

Is it is possible/helpful for us as players to help you in creating this type of content? (I'd be more than happy to make and submit map designs, I'm sure that I wouldn't be alone in that).

What I'm trying to put forward essentially is; is there a way that could be introducing extra content to the game, that isn't overly labour intensive for you guys?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• an editor would be nice
    not only for maps but creatures and modes too :)
    Stitchy

• +1 :D
    Michi, alias Rhorg,

THU OCT 01, 2015: Winner of the Red Dragon division.
    michigogo

• A map editor would be cool, but even if we could edit a textfile or something to make them it would be fun
    Not to mention procedural maps could be cool, but then maybe I'm asking too much.
    clef

• I feel like this would be one of the more effective additions. Even if you had procedural maps...From what i understand most of the groundwork for procedural multiplayer maps is already there, it's just that it hasn't been implemented for 6 player mode yet, from what i understand.

That said, i'd imagine more map variety (as well as perhaps some better maps....really not digging the new duel maps) could go a long ways in improving the gameplay. At least on paper (my paper at least..xD)
    anjovi

Return to General Discussion

Information