Do we know when the next update is due?

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• I've just reached my limit for creating asynch games.

I'm creating these games both for my own enjoyment, but also to try help keep the CR community alive.

Now I can't create any more.

I know that an increase has been announce for the next update, but is there any news on when that update may be? If we're still waiting some time on it, could an increase in the asynch limit be made via a hotfix?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• I like this post Spite and while typing a reply I realized I was diverting to a topic I've been meaning to post on the forums. I'm doing so now.
    "The only thing better than being Right is learning you are Wrong." - GLASSJAW
    Glass Jaw

• Should be around the end of May.
    A hotfix for this is unlikely.
    RafiRomero

• Not sure why it has to be an all or nothing patch

Updates peak some interest in the game that may get players playing who havent in a while

I dont get why a patch with all the bug fixes hasnt been put out yet. To me it makes more sense than one big patch as if there any bugs after a wee patch then they can be fixed in the next one and so on, instead of chucking a whole lot of stuff out at once and and bug being harder to spot amonst it all.

Localization can come in later when it is all done as well as anything else.

I dont know who these things work but I just find it odd that small patches cant be dropped now and then and why 'early in the new year' has turned in to half way through the year.
    Last edited by gary on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• Considering the phoenix point campaign is dishing out chaos reborn steam keys, i wouldn't be surprised if alot of the new stuff was planned to come into effect alongside the potential flood of new players. (end of fig campaign)

Although quite a heap of pressure that would be.
    anjovi

• From CGR's tweets and posts the past few months, it doesn't seem unrealistic for Snapshot to meet their expectation of releasing the next update by the end of May. It would be great to have Localization live by the time that the Phoenix Point campaign ends in June and all of the backers (over 4,000 after the first 12 hours) get Chaos Reborn keys.

NoWorries
    GOD

• anjovi wrote:Considering the phoenix point campaign is dishing out chaos reborn steam keys, i wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the new stuff was planned to come into effect alongside the potential flood of new players. (end of fig campaign)

^ with the hype engine in full throttle, there is a potential this will happen, which would be a nice thing.
    MattyRasker

• @Rafi, do you need to get the update out before the Phoenix Point fig campaign finishes and we get a heap more players coming into the game, or are you planning to wait until they're in game and then update down the line?

No pressure, I'm just wondering what to expect.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Another option is having a slight delay for chaos reborn keys, while the team wraps up the update.

Otherwise, I believe Rafi stated that it was the goal to have it release, though you never know what bug might crop up just when all looks clear :lol: Hope it all works out as i think with how good the alpha footage is looking it might create some interest in the chaos reborn keys when they get delivered.
    anjovi

• As far as I'm aware, the update will be happening before the CR keys are distributed to PP backers.
    I don't think there's any need for the CR keys to go out as soon as the PP campaign is complete.
    I'd really like to see the public (non-testing-branch) update live for a week or so before the new keys go out.
    The majority of the team at Snapshot have been understandably busy preparing Phoenix Point footage (also here: https://youtu.be/3eY668arL-8). The Fig campaign ends in ~2 days, so I'd hope to see a more concerted effort on getting the CR update wrapped up after this point.

The update has been "nearly ready" for a little while now. The good news is that the delay has allowed more translation work to be done.

Got my RafiRomero hat on here, so somewhat speculatory here:) I'm leaving everyone @ Snapshot alone until Fig campaign is done.
    RafiRomero

Next

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information