Where are the downloadable music tracks?

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• "and downloadable versions of the music tracks - exclusive to backers (not available with the public release).
    Estimated delivery May 2015"

It's now March 2017. There's a particular track, which was used as the game started, that I'd love to be able to play at a whim. I was really looking forward to this since I first heard it. But, nothing. I pledged $50 for the Wizard Lord level. I haven't received the music tracks, the art book, and I don't think I have the guide either (unless these snuck onto my computer digitally).

To be honest the thing I care about most is the music. I've paid for it. I've been patient. I tried emailing you a few times. I've tried twitter and kickstarter. Nothing.

It has actually put me right off playing the game. A game I was looking forward to playing. A game which I invested more into than many other games.

I'm not even a hater. I've been a big fan of Julian Gollop's games from Rebelstar Raiders up to X-Com Apocalypse. I loved those games so much. I put many, many hours into them. I don't want this to end badly. I just want what I paid for. I feel compelled to keep making noise until this issue is resolved.

Please - honour your word and resolve this situation.
    Orosian

• You have already had it for a while. There is a "GameMusic" folder with the music files where Steam puts the Chaos Reborn folders. (I suspect the location is similar if you use GoG.)

NoWorries
    GOD

• Ah, thank you!

I never saw it on any patch notes. I swear I read the notes for each and every release.

I'm glad it's there, though. Time to load 'em up and put ye olde restless spirit to rest.

Feel free to delete this thread. Or keep it for anybody else who missed the memo.
    Orosian

• Yay, you've wasted 50 bucks for
    exclusive
    content! ;) gg Snaps

• I'd do it again for a decent X-COM game. The XCOM games are glitchy and I think are born of different spirit to the originals. I was disappointed that Apocalypse was seen to be too complicated. I really got into it, and would love more of that depth.
    Orosian

• Orosian wrote:Ah, thank you!
    I never saw it on any patch notes. I swear I read the notes for each and every release.
    I'm glad it's there, though. Time to load 'em up and put ye olde restless spirit to rest.
    Feel free to delete this thread. Or keep it for anybody else who missed the memo.

Hi Orosian,

Glad you've found them, thanks NoWorries, I'll not delete the thread as it may be something others don't know either, I had no idea they were in there either!

I have edited the thread title though to make it clearer what the post is about - pm me if you're not happy with that.

Cheers,
    worto.
    worto03

• Orosian wrote:I'd do it again for a decent X-COM game. The XCOM games are glitchy and I think are born of different spirit to the originals. I was disappointed that Apocalypse was seen to be too complicated. I really got into it, and would love more of that depth.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... an-gollop/

Re the music, I don't know if exclusive/ physical content will be made available in addition to the public stuff. Probably not this side of news about Phoenix Point, anyway.
    RafiRomero

• worto03 wrote:Hi Orosian,

Glad you've found them, thanks NoWorries, I'll not delete the thread as it may be something others don't know either, I had no idea they were in there either!

I have edited the thread title though to make it clearer what the post is about - pm me if you're not happy with that.

Cheers,
    worto.

I'm fine with that, worto. I'm also glad I'm not the only person who missed their addition. I really liked the music. Perhaps I'm not the only one?

RafiRomero wrote:https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/14/phoenix-point-new-xcom-julian-gollop/

Re the music, I don't know if exclusive/ physical content will be made available in addition to the public stuff. Probably not this side of news about Phoenix Point, anyway.

Cheers for that. It sounds like it has some interesting ideas. I thought the same about XCOM though, and I was somewhat disappointed by that. I'll keep an eye on it and hope that it's done Justice, and not Chaos ;)
    Orosian

Return to General Discussion

Information