Game Localization

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:19 pm

• I am sorry but I need some more time, is my first experience so I want to make it as more closer to professional level as it possible, it needs decent testing as well. There were couple of decisions already that has been changed in the process, is there an absolute deadline? Also where to submit it, sorry I don't get it, I'm working with the 7 files from the archive titled as CR_Texts.zip using Notepad++, thank you.
    In Gary We Trust
    blobka
    DEMIGOD

Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:14 pm

• blobka wrote:Also where to submit it, sorry I don't get it, I'm working with the 7 files from the archive titled as CR_Texts.zip using Notepad++

Hi, I sent mine to contact @ snapshotgames.com and got a response soon after that with some corrections on formatting. Also using notepad++ on the zipfile.

I thought I had missed the deadline but since they gave me advice on how to continue with formatting, it means we still have time, I think? I still have to translate the game guide.
    clef

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:29 am

• Hi,
    We've not released a new build of the game yet, so there is still time to work on localization. It seems probable that we'll try and do a proper, public first localized release by the end of May.
    If some languages are complete, and others aren't, we can always add new languages in future updates.
    It might be good if you CC me (chaosgonerogue@gmail.com) when you write to contact @ snapshotgames.com
    You can submit the files to these email addresses ^^^ or just put them into the google drive folder, which you should all have access to. I'm also on Steam quite a bit if you just want to chat (http://steamcommunity.com/id/ChaosGoneRogue - add me).

@anjovi: there will be other little things going into the update. I'm not sure what these will be yet. There are already a number of small updates in the localized open beta. I'm working on a fairly big thing, but I'm not sure if it will make the next update or not.

@NoWorries: it makes sense to invite translators to work on realm moderation, once some translations are complete.
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:11 pm

• That's interesting, little nice things to go along with the localization would make sense as this will be a first impression for alot of folks. posted some ideas in the current version forum that might be worth considering as small tweaks (well maybe...heh)

This has been pretty much the only game that i bother logging any time into, I hope that the game stays viable to keep updating and trying new things with as time goes on.

--------
    Ok..saw the cgr twitter...procedural custom game maps...Freekin sweet! :D buying another copy now!
    Don't want to be that guy but..if this could make it to the offline battles as well, that would definitely be appreciated!
    anjovi

Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:06 am

Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:09 pm

• viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5591
    The testing branch for the new version is live. Chinese, Russian (mostly), Portuguese (core game only) localization is implemented.
    RafiRomero

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:34 pm

• Hi, everybody.
    What we're hoping is the last beta update is now available on Steam, incorporating Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Portuguese.
    Feel free to give it a try!

Now would also be a good time to update me on how any of the other translation teams are getting on; I'll be sending out an email to everyone once the current version becomes public.

You can PM me here, or write to me at
    chaosgonerogue@gmail.com
    Please include your forum name if it is different to your email address:$
    CGR
    SNAPSHOT DEV

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Information