Classic Mode Everywhere

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:58 am

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:If you're against realms being played in classic mode then fine, that's your prerogative. I don't think that the player setting the AI level for realms is a good idea full stop, if you think it is, then again that's your prerogative.

But if you're trying to block an idea just in order to put your own idea forward and gain my support on it, then the danger is there that you're just stopping improvements being made, and if so then that is to the determent of CR as a whole.

I'm just saying that we need to be consistent. Ultimate gameplay type/difficulty decisions in the hand of players? Or in the hand of realm designers? So far, the over-arching feature paradigm has been the latter. If the paradigm is going to change, then let the paradigm change rather than have bastardized feature creep without an eye to the larger whole.

We seem to have a paradigmatic impasse. I understand it's not personal. Please trust it's not personal on my end either.

NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 am

• NoWorries wrote:I'm just saying that we need to be consistent. Ultimate gameplay type/difficulty decisions in the hand of players? Or in the hand of realm designers? So far, the over-arching feature paradigm has been the latter. If the paradigm is going to change, then let the paradigm change rather than have bastardized feature creep without an eye to the larger whole.

Gameplay type and difficulty level are not the same thing.

Difficulty is already in the hands of the realm designer as they can set the level of difficulty when creating a realm.

Gameplay type is already in the hands of the player as they can choose to play realms in Law or in Chaos mode.

But it's not about who the decision in the hands off, it's about trying to retain players. - So far as Classic mode being playable in realms goes, it's simply just not something that anyone can choose to do at all. It hasn't been something that anyone has been able to do since realms came about, the same goes for Duels? So where is the incentive to keep Classic Mode players within the game? Why are Classic Players being given less of the game to play that those who like Equipped Mode?

If you want to choose to play more difficult realms then you can make that choice because those realms exist.

But if you want to play Classic Mode realms then there is nothing.

Think of it the other way around, if you enjoy Equipped mode predominantly, how would you be feeling if it was only possible to play realms in Classic Mode, and the option to go into realms in Equipped mode just wasn't there for you?

NoWorries wrote:We seem to have a paradigmatic impasse. I understand it's not personal. Please trust it's not personal on my end either.

:-)
    Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chief tentacle arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods .
    SpiteAndMalice

Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:15 am

• Are the quotes messed up?

NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:59 am

• Yeah looks like it.

SpiteAndMalice

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:38 am

Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:23 am

Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:44 pm

• MattyRasker wrote:So Spite, in this "Classic" realms scenario, what will you be able to buy from the shops?

As it stands, we would be able to purchase visual customisations for our wizards. (Which is the same as we are able to buy from Steve the Shopkeeper whilst outside of realms.)

If you're asking what we should be able to buy, then I think that's a topic worth starting in of itself as the possibilites thjat we have to use gold, both in and out of realms, is pretty limited. And it's a question which is relevent to both classic and equipped players. What uses could classic players have for gold? And what uses could equipped players have for gold once they have bought all of the equipment?

SpiteAndMalice

Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:03 am

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Information