OFFLINE - Add a toggle for illusion status

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• Would it be possible to have an option to hide the illusion status of all creatures in offline mode?

Chaos, it almost perfect to be played as a party game, but passing a laptop around, isn't really fun as compared to watching the game unfold on a shared TV screen. Hiding illusion statuses would make it possible to do that.

(You would obviously also be able to see people's spell decks, but to an extent that can add tension to the game... you're running down your opponent, but can see that he has a Dragon saved up, it just makes for a different way of playing. Seeing the illusion statuses on the other hand is game breaking.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Yeah, that's cool.

Gas' suggestion of being able to turn off replays is also a good one.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• :lol: he played a LOT of goat simulator a few months ago! I think he finally got tired of it!

I just asked him what he likes about it & he said 'it was all the creatures that aren't real like dragons and stuff' - not sure if that helps.

He also added that your friends son 'should just do it - it's really cool' :)

To be honest we play a lot of board games especially when it rains, he's been playing carcassone since he was 3.5 and often plays things like Lords of Waterdeep with us so he's pretty patient when he's in the right mood, I think he just sees this like an online board game.

Oh and thanks for the link Rafi - looks perfect :) Is that in the next update?
    worto03

• It's in the next update.
    As CGR says in the twit, you just right-click/ controller-b to kill the replay if you want to.
    My son Actual Rafi (5) likes that I will let him kill at last (playing Proteus was heard to cry "It's a tulip! Kill the tulip!"), and he likes the illusion mechanism because he is the Father of Lies. He totally pwns me at "Coup" (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/131357/coup << It's excellent, very fast-playing) too:/
    Max (7) likes the creature art, he thinks the game is beautiful (especially the Pegasus); I think Zoe (7) likes the intellectual challenge. MooM (1.1) likes the way my arm tastes while I play.
    RafiRomero

• Did you guys brainstorm anything for mana by chance?

What keeps coming to mind is if there was a way for mana to be potentially fake spent on illusions and be returned once an illusion is disbelieved or killed. Alternatively, the mana spent could just always be there but remain hidden when spent on illusions.

The player could use their discretion when to use the unmarked mana..heh...could lead to some shit eating grin moments when one has a bunch of nice creatures on the board and spends 15 mana (when the staff value says 0) to boost a new spell + leaves a tough board to discern which creatures could possibly be the illusions..

What do you guys think of this? Could open up the game in general to that party style playing. I'd really like to be myself as passing the laptop isn't ideal.
    anjovi

• For party style, I think it would work quite well on a tablet. You should be able to stream from Steam onto android devices if you don't have a windows tablet to run directly on (is why the recap exists).
    Aside from that, a key to show/ hide the spell hand and staff would work. Peeps would have to look away while you cast a spell, but that'd be it.
    RafiRomero

Return to General Discussion

Information