The World Needs Chaos Reborn 2

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Sat May 27, 2017 4:00 am

• With the likely success of Phoenix Point, the world of Chaos Reborn needs and deserves a sequel.

More than any update or DLC, a sequel could (a) iterate improvements from the lessons learned from this game, (b) capitalize on the higher visibility that new releases get than updates or DLC, and (c) take advantage of the higher visibility that Snapshot will have as a result of Phoenix Point.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Sat May 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Sat May 27, 2017 7:23 pm

• My proposition is to finish the first one with a second one. I'm unsure that the full potential of our beloved Chaos Reborn can be realized without the fanfare and attention that a new release would have.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Sat May 27, 2017 7:32 pm

• Well, chaos reborn isn't completely off the table yet so this chaos reborn 2 could come in the form of a polished state of chaos reborn. :D

All that's really missing from this game is a tight organization of the meta game systems (progression, community stuff...ok i guess realms as well), though i suppose the opportunity of polishing the straggler bits might be a little late after the fig campaign for pheonix point.

Suppose a lords of chaos-esque sequel could be neat, exploring the chaos brand while perhaps focusing on a more singleplayer driven experience.

-------------
    oh i see, your basically getting at this point though naming it chaos reborn 2 (polished state of chaos reborn)
    anjovi

Sat May 27, 2017 8:12 pm

• Chaos Reborn: Tournament Edition, a F2P multiplayer only with Friendlies, Rankings and Tournaments, all spells and cards included, and the only things you pay for are cosmetics. That would be of great interest to me. But not a CR2 that finishes what the first one set out to be as proposed in the original KS, if that is what your suggesting.
    MattyRasker

Sat May 27, 2017 8:25 pm

• That's a pretty reasonable suggestion.

The 2 game's would use the same game system, and possibly be updated simaltaneously (game balance, new spells, etc.) as they'd be identical.

You could even keep it strictly chaos mode, and remove alot of the clutter that resulted from the realms/equipped/classic/law/chaos/duel/etc) and just simply have a f2p platform to support this tournament ediiton on.

Some cross compatibility could be nice though, to keep both playerbases interacting, even if it is just 1 way (chaos reborn players joining an occasional chaos reborn: tournament game)
    anjovi

Sat May 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Sun May 28, 2017 12:59 pm

• MattyRasker wrote:Let's leave Snapshot to finish the first one, then we'll talk :)

+1

I get why you're suggesting this NW, but as it stands I don't think I'd have a lot of interest in purchasing a CR2, the first game still feels far from finished and I'd feel that basic additional features should be coming to this game rather than people being asked to pay a second time in order to experience them.

The big trick that I think Snapshot are missing at the moment is that they've stopped releasing updates. I understand that we're getting a number of these at the end of May, but even a slow trickle of minor updates keeps a game looking alive and generates interest.
    Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Sun May 28, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun May 28, 2017 1:03 pm

• We were talking about this a bit at the Chaos meetup this morning.

What could be good to see, would be an Android version of the game that allows people to play in groups via phone or tablet.

I'd personally like that if it were:
    Classic Chaos
    Upto 8 player PvP (With AI a possibility)
    A full range of Chaos creatures

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun May 28, 2017 3:36 pm

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:The big trick that I think Snapshot are missing at the moment is that they've stopped releasing updates. I understand that we're getting a number of these at the end of May, but even a slow trickle of minor updates keeps a game looking alive and generates interest.

I'm surprised they're even bothering with that considering it's a game that right now has a whopping (*goes to check*) 10 people online.
    yovargas

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information