A Change of Management

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:12 pm

• Hi all,

I've just been informed that UnstableVoltage, as Snapshot's official Community Manager, has Chaos Reborn in his remit.

I must admit that when I was asked how I wanted to be listed in the Chaos Reborn credits I chose Community Manager because I thought it sounded grander than forum admin. I was fully prepared to take on that role and still believe I have done the best I can with the resources available to me.

So after over three years I am sorry to say I will no longer be representing you and the game as your Community Manager. I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate UnstableVoltage on his new role and wish him all the best in it.

Rest assured that I shall still administer the forums as usual until such a time as I am asked not to.

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:22 pm

• Jim,

Whilst I officially hold the title, you will always be the honorary Community Manager here. You've managed this community for over 3 years, and that by very definition makes you a community manager. Please don't feel that you have to hang up your title, or in any way diminish your role on my account.
    UnstableVoltage

Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:50 pm

• Community Management is not a Zero Sum Game. As a community member, I'm quite happy to be managed by both Slippery Jim and UnstableVoltage. The more success that Snapshot has, the more Community Management it needs. Hoozah!

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:37 pm

• Thanks guys.

As far as I am concerned aside from handing over some social media stuff and a change of title it's business as usual here. :)

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:01 pm

• Hi, UV, welcome aboard:)
    Jim, glad to hear you're not hanging up your batcape any time soon:)
    RafiRomero

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:44 am

• Thanks for all your hard work Jim, you're an absolute rock and a legend.

Likewise to you too Rafi, you guys are the unsung heros of Chaos imho.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:56 am

• @UnstableVoltage - Welcome to the role. :-) Can you tell us how you plan to help the Chaos Reborn community grow?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 am

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:@UnstableVoltage - Welcome to the role. :-) Can you tell us how you plan to help the Chaos Reborn community grow?

Well, thank you!

I'm going to be totally honest here - it's going to take a little time. I've only just been given the role (and in fairness, I haven't actually started officially yet - but I needed to step in early to give the Phoenix Point Fig campaign a good kick in the pants). I'm still playing catch-up and trying to get up to speed with everything that going on. I'm also very focused on Phoenix Point at the moment, which is why I am still 100% behind Jim taking care of you guys.

That said, we should hopefully have some new players coming to the game soon. We've over 10,000 backers (so far) on Fig for PP, who all get a Chaos Reborn key. Now some of these people may already have one (but they can gift it away), and of course, not everyone is going to be interested. But that's a lot of extra keys out there - I really hope that it gives the game a new injection of players.

The plan is for the social media channels to be more widely used, to keep people informed and updated about what is going on, especially with regards to updates and patches. I'm hoping Jim will continue to assist with this, as he will now actually have someone feeding him information.

We are in the process of setting up an official Snapshot games Discord. I know CR already has a fan-run one, though the Snapshot server will still have a CR channel if anyone wants to use it. Need to speak with Jim/Matty.

We're also looking at a shiny new Snapshot forum which will hopefully bring the CR and PP player base together under one umbrella.

That's honestly all I have for now. If you feel there is anything more I could be doing to help you guys out, then just let me know.

UV
    UnstableVoltage

Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:39 pm

• Sounds good! To the Jimbat and Unstable Voltage! :D
    anjovi

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:14 am

• Thanks for all your good work Jim:)
    ustolemytiger

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information