Custom Matches - Remove the cap on spell iterations

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• After playing around a bit with the new Demi God Custom game setups I'm really liking the possibilities for making some different and interesting match modes.

One problem however is that when setting (multiple) taboos on players it is possible to (greatly) reduce their deck size. Whilst a reduced range of spells can help create a theme, a reduced total deck size doesn't necessarily lead towards a fun and interesting game experience for the player(s) with that reduced deck.

As a way to counter this, I'd suggest an option to allow the removal of the cap on the number of iterations of a particular spell type, which I believe is currently set at 2. If more the likelihood of more than 2 iterations works on a depreciating basis, then this shouldn't have any major effect on the players who aren't playing with taboos, but would allow players with taboos to still have a fully formed deck.

Numbers for example.
    1st iteration = Normal chance of appearing
    2nd iteration = 1/2 normal chance of appearing (the ratio will be different, but something like this is already in place)
    3rd and beyond = 1/100 normal chance of appearing (which will then effectively mean that this happens only when the overall deck size is reduced).

- This could also blend nicely with the kill with creature x victory condition - If a player is expected to make a kill with Elves, the chance of elves appearing in that player's deck could be tweaked to be greater than normal.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Might be spammy for the UI, but would be interesting if taboos could focus on single spells rather than just categories. Could be another way to mitigate issue of the OP, too.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• NoWorries wrote:Might be spammy for the UI, but would be interesting if taboos could focus on single spells rather than just categories. Could be another way to mitigate issue of the OP, too.

For the UI you could use the same system as we have for taboos, but select individual spells instead of/as well as spell groupings.

Or, you could use a similar system as we have in place for setting realm reinforcement levels when realm designing. Make that reinforcement level screen appear as a pop up.

I think the game that I've seen handle things best for this type of thing was worms where you had an icon for each available weapon and could very quickly and easily click them to grey out the weapon choice that you didn't want to be available for any given match.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Return to General Discussion

Information