its worse than that, it's dead jim

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:42 am

• So is here, as in this forum, dead now?

With the new website is that where things should be posted?

Is this getting taken offline? Imported over to the new place? Left as it is?

What are the plans for here?
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• I reckon this forum will remain operational for a while yet Gary, the remaining dev who works on all things CR still reads all the posts here and deals with all the major stuff that comes up on here. There is also the CR steam discussions forum and GOG to, these forums get seen as well.

I'd say for now this is still the main dedicated CR forum, it's still the go-to forum for a lot of things, bug reports for example (it has the full history of bug reports to reference here).. but I do use the CR section in the new Snapshot forum as well, it's probably wise to migrate there soon..

The new forum is pretty good, looks nice, but it does have a really questionable reward scheme/leaderboard attached to it which is just encouraging and rewarding spam, I think the presence of this 'leveling up system' will cause problems for the forum in the future, already seeing the effects of such a system on the Snapshot discord.
    Mazy

• Mazy wrote:does have a really questionable reward scheme/leaderboard attached to it which is just encouraging and rewarding spam, I think the presence of this 'leveling up system' will cause problems for the forum in the future, already seeing the effects of such a system on the Snapshot discord.

must admit I hate these things, why encourage people to post crap :roll:
    worto03

• The new forums looked like they were to reward people to post stuff that would then be marked as "question answered", which might be good; I've only skimmed it, however.

I don't really get the !rank thing in discord. Does it just encourage people to talk a lot?
    RafiRomero

• worto03 wrote:must admit I hate these things, why encourage people to post crap

RafiRomero wrote:I don't really get the !rank thing in discord.

I think it's just one of those things designed to generate artificial hype, which isn't really necessary when you think about how much genuine enthusiasm there is for PP (and X-Com related things) anyway.

Why make volume of posts a competitive thing.. it just creates a situation where people are trying to rank up rather than contribute for the right reasons.

From a community point of view it's easier to tolerate spam when you know it's not being rewarded/valued.. the danger is that good points get lost among the white noise which is being artificially driven by a leaderboard.

I don't think the mods and devs specifically chose this kind of system, it just sort of comes as standard now, as does the social media style upvote/downvote system, which also doesn't really seem to be that suitable for forums (i.e, it's probably better to debate points that you don't agree with rather than just flat out downvote them).
    Mazy

• There's getting to be as many places for discussion as there are game mode ;-)

@SNAPSHOT - 'Where' do you want us to be communicating with you? Please make this clear.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• This must be a problem for snapshot too, they can't really only use twitter or only use the forum or only use discord etc etc because different customers are using different platforms.

Would be a good idea to say, look the devs mostly hang out here then have people like Jim or UV broadcasting out on the other channels important information.

That way you only have one place to actually communicate, using the other platforms just to spam out important stuff and marketing to capture the maximum amount of customers.

dunno, I'm sure there is a well trodden method for this issue from various games companies? Maybe these days they do have to be active across multiple platforms?
    worto03

• Hi all,

For the forseeable future (at the time of posting) this will remain the official Chaos Reborn forums.

The place to post Chaos Reborn stuff is here and in the CR Discord channel. :)

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

• Is it worth 'stickying' that somewhere Jim?

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information