Should new gods be admitted to the pantheon?

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• There's a separate forum for gods and demi-gods with site.

The last time anyone posted there was June (your truly) in the two month since, there's not been a reply, to which either I was baffling the other gods with my theories of universal infinities, or we may possibly conclude that the Pantheon forum is dead (at the very least, it's having a nap).

To which I was wondering should new players who reach demi-god status in game, be then given access to that Pantheon forum?

Benefits to this which I can see are that a) The Pantheon forum may become active again. b) It might promote players to build up some lore around their god persona (as original members of the pantheon have done) c) It's providing a tangible reward to player for achieving that demi-god status.

EDIT Or, as the god and demi-god forums were provided as an exclusive perk to kickstarter backers, whether it would be more appropriate for a new forum to be created which gave membership to all gods and demigods (new and old)? Or even just a new general forum where all players would be able to create and discuss lore?
    Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• The forums for gods (Council of the Gods) and demigods (the Pantheon) were perks for pledges of a certain level. Best to direct communications on this topic within those forums to the pertinent backers, who paid a premium for access, as to whether there is a consensus on whether they should be opened up. There are reasons within these discrete backer communities why and why not one or both of the god/demigod backer forums should be opened up to non-backers.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• This is a question that I would like to put to everyone, however I have edited the OP to suggest the alternative of a new forum being created for new and old gods and demi-gods.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Threshold questions:

How to admin membership? (I.e., Demigod/God labels right now are taken by the Kickstarter backers and their equivalents.)

How to verify membership? (I.e., Snapshot has backer email addresses, though no such commonality connects player names to forum names.)

What would be the purpose? (I.e., the god/demigod forums were primarily tools for devs and backers to communicate about development of features related to their backer levels and also to get early access to lore and such as promised in the Kickstarter.)

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• NoWorries wrote:Threshold questions:

How to admin membership? (I.e., Demigod/God labels right now are taken by the Kickstarter backers and their equivalents.)

How to verify membership? (I.e., Snapshot has backer email addresses, though no such commonality connects player names to forum names.)

I'm not ignoring there questions, they're relevant, but the answers are for the forum mods and/or Snapshot to give. I'm feel certain however that in 2017, it would be in some way possible.

NoWorries wrote:What would be the purpose? (I.e., the god/demigod forums were primarily tools for devs and backers to communicate about development of features related to their backer levels and also to get early access to lore and such as promised in the Kickstarter.)

It would be a gathering place for demigods and gods (or players in general) to converse together about the lore and guild system in Chaos Reborn

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Aha! How about a new forum called "Guilds"?

• Each Demigod/God in the game (whether new or backer) gets one thread. They use and keep updated the top post with a info about their guild, including any relevant lore. The thread also can be used for recruitment and discussions concerning the guild. (Prudent guild leaders might reserve the second post, too.)

• Discussions about guild gameplay in general can continue in the Gameplay Discussion forum. Discussions about general lore can continue in the General Discussion forum.
    I've seen a similar methodology used to good effect to manage lore/recruitment of guilds in other games. And the god backers used something similar when developing the deep lore of their god characters in Council of the Gods here. Keeps things organized, and it's not too difficult to moderate.

NoWorries
    GOD

• NoWorries wrote:Aha! How about a new forum called "Guilds"?

Each Demigod/God in the game (whether new or backer) gets one thread. They get the top post and recommended that they reserve the second post. They use and keep updated the top post with all relevant info about their guild, including any relevant lore. The thread also can be used for recruitment and discussions concerning the guild.

Discussions about guild gameplay in general can continue in the Gameplay Discussion forum...

Guilds certainly need their own place and it makes sense for each guild to have its own recruitment thread (these could be stickied)- I don't think it's a good idea to limit the posts that can be made by members in either quantity or role however, done that way I think the whole system would quickly die a death. If guilds are to work in the long term they need a space where new content can continue to appear.

NoWorries wrote:
    ...Discussions about general lore can continue in the General Discussion forum.

This is the status quo - Discussion about lore seldom happen, and any prior discussion about lore have been well and truly buried either in General Discussion, of the demi-god and (I presume) the god forum. There's been some good lore pieces written by people within the game, it's a shame that it's hidden in this way. I think the whole lore of CR may of taken off a lot better and been accepted by the wider player-base had it been more readily accessible by that wider player-base.

When Snapshot were intending to make CR part of the official Snapshot Games forum, they made a sub forum for Lore Discussion - as they have done for Pheonix Point:

"This is where you can talk about the lore of Phoenix Point. Discuss the stories written by Allen Stroud and Jonas Kyratzes, or submit your own. Theorycraft and speculate to your heart's desire."

I think this is the right way to do things, it's inclusive and it encourages people to engage with the lore of the game, it should be replicated here.

For me lore and guilds cross over with one another, they're both about engaging players within the game, it makes sense to put them together into their own forum. Should either one become so active that they need their own space, then split them out, but I think in the meantime they could both help each other to grow.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to limit the posts that can be made by members in either quantity or role however, done that way I think the whole system would quickly die a death.

To clarify, there'd be no limit on who could post or how many posts to be made, other than the topicality constraints that all threads/posts in all forums currently have. Rather, in the Guilds forum, each guild could have one thread which its leader can start. No special limits on the posts in each of these threads.

If the game ends up having only a handful of guilds, stickying each guild's official thread to the top of a broader lore/community focused forum makes sense. Though if every active demigod/god creates a guild thread, then a more focused forum likely would be needed. Should be easy enough to iterate, though a reliable protocol would need to be established for moderators to authenticate a member of the forums as a player of a demigod/god wizard in the game.

NoWorries
    GOD

• NoWorries wrote:
    SpiteAndMalice wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to limit the posts that can be made by members in either quantity or role however, done that way I think the whole system would quickly die a death.

To clarify, there'd be no limit on who could post or how many posts to be made, other than the topicality constraints that all threads/posts in all forums currently have. Rather, in the Guilds forum, each guild could have one thread which its leader can start. No special limits on the posts in each of these threads.

I'm using 'post' where you're saying 'thread' - For the reasons above, I don't think it's good to limit guilds to just one 'thread.'

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• So each guild should be able to sticky as many threads as their guild leader wants? In a sticky framework, people could discuss whatever they want about the guilds in unstickied threads. Rather, there would be only one "official" thread for each guild that mods would sticky.

When/if the number of guilds grew beyond what is practical with the sticky-thread approach, then we could determine how best to organize the forums at that time. That said, I imagine that the forum could be split easily enough with one focused on previously stickied content and one focused on the previously unstickied content. Easy peasy.

NoWorries
    GOD

Next

Return to General Discussion

Information