Should new gods be admitted to the pantheon?

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• NoWorries wrote:So each guild should be able to sticky as many threads as their guild leader wants? In a sticky framework, people could discuss whatever they want about the guilds in unstickied threads. Rather, there would be only one "official" thread for each guild that mods would sticky.

No, what I'm proposing is that each guild could sticky one recruitment thread - And then whoever wanted to could post new unstickied threads related to guilds as much as they liked.

NoWorries wrote:When/if the number of guilds grew beyond what is practical with the sticky-thread approach, then we could determine how best to organize the forums at that time. That said, I imagine that the forum could be split easily enough with one focused on previously stickied content and one focused on the previously unstickied content. Easy peasy.

We're probably arguing for the same thing with each other here NW. Let's see what other people think.
    Last edited by SpiteAndMalice on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Rather than argue, I think we discussed our way to a consensus of two. I regret if it seemed otherwise.

P.S., there is a broken quote in your last post.

NoWorries
    GOD

• NoWorries wrote:Rather than argue, I think we discussed our way to a consensus of two. I regret if it seemed otherwise.

'Argued' not 'Argument' ;-)

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Oddly enough I have already put some thought into this although I confess I haven't discussed it with anyone yet.

For me I am not in favour of hidden forums. As far as I am concerned the only hidden forum on any discussion sites hould be the one the forum mods use to discuss bans etc. I would have preferred if the god and demigods forums were open for all to read but only eliglible members can post in them.

I prefer the guilds forum approach where each guild has it's own topic which is stickied. I am even open to the guild leaders being the only ones who can post in it as long as the leadershp doesn't change every day or anything. The rest of the area would be open to anyone for guild discussion.

I am against new gods or demigods gaining access to the existing areas. Players who have been granted God/Demigod status by Snapshot have been given access but tracking other players promotion/demotion seems like a hassle.

That's what I had in mind anyway. I guess we'll have to see what Snaphot (in the shape of UV) has to say.

Regards,

Jim
    The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72
    SlipperyJim

• SlipperyJim wrote:For me I am not in favour of hidden forums. As far as I am concerned the only hidden forum on any discussion sites should be the one the forum mods use to discuss bans etc. I would have preferred if the god and demigods forums were open for all to read but only eligible members can post in them.

^This nails it... It always felt problematic that there was an exclusive forum away from the view of the player-base as a whole throughout the entire course of CR's development.

The bulk of the dedicated play-testers who would go on to become the full-time player-base (who were mostly all backers to, just a lower tier) were locked out of that forum, so it's impossible for us to know if any ideas that were detrimental to the overall direction/presentation of the game were spawn there.

I get that it was important to give the top backers a voice in the project but I'm sure in retrospect Snapshot wouldn't use this hidden forum method for future projects.
    Mazy

• FYI, the only ideas used in the game so far that were spawned in the demigod/god backer forums were stories and depictions of god characters. To facilitate this process, god backers first and then later demigod backers were given early access to the official lore of the game. The only lore that we created was the lore about our specific god characters.

From time to time (rarely), we were given some added info about development timetables somewhat in advance of the info presented in the open forums. However, throughout development, all gameplay ideas considered by Snapshot were presented/discussed in the open forum.

More recently, Snapshot reached out to god/demigod backers to get some early feedback on some ideas specifically related to god/demigod gameplay content in the next or future updates. This opportunity for early feedback seems like a proper consideration given that these gameplay features were some of what were promised to god/demigod backers but have not yet been delivered (for understandable reasons). However, no gameplay features have been added to the game without the opportunity for more broad-based feedback and input in the open forums.

Frankly, most of the use of the forums concerned early access and creation of lore and ideas related to backer-created characters. For this, hidden forums were essential. They enabled candid brainstorming and collaboration among backers, too. All of this sharing of lore and ideas would have been impossible in an open forum where, best case, there'd be spoilers.

All of this was consistent with how these forums were promised and framed in the original Kickstarter.

NoWorries
    GOD

• Honestly can't see the point of it at this place in time.
    Seeing that the closed off forum was mainly just for lore discussion with the developers, now that the game has been out for 2 years....

I think that their should just be a tier of gods that have been established in lore, and be properly commemorated in the game. For guild competitions stuff, it would make sense to me to have these avatars prominent figures in the game in some capacity, even if just blurbs were given out.

Maybe have an annual thing were demi gods could compete to become gods and maybe have a place in this ranking thing to put them along side other gods.....pretty wishy washy though...

The art and lore made for the existing gods is nice though, and could have been nice if featured in the game in some way. I would have thought of just having branching guilds for those gods...say if i as a new demigod made a guild, i would pick from the existing gods to represent...and compete...similar to how you have similar branches of religion that just differ in their own small ways.

If guilds were added, i think having a ranking system that tracks overall guild stuff would be ideal...at least their would be some persistent thing to compete over (even if just numbers) as with all of these 'hats' and things the devs had in mind, i think that would lose it's appeal pretty quick (look at the work that went into epic gear and the result)

If they could just tie up whats in the game and release some kind of "CHAOS REBORN: DEFINITIVE EDITION" update and market it so, i think the work on the game could just be concluded, minus the small bug patches and perhaps spell updates (if the devs just happened to have cool little ideas to add to the game)

All of this economy stuff and trying to reconcile the 999999999 gold players should just be forgotten with the focus put on just rounding off the game.
    anjovi

• The issues are many but one truth remains.

We dont have the player numbers.

The End.
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

• gary wrote:The issues are many but one truth remains.

We dont have the player numbers.

The journey matters more than the destination.

If we build it, they will come.

Do or do not, there is no try.

There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.

We cannot swim for new horizons until we have courage to lose sight of the shore.

Only in the darkness can you see the stars.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.

We shall never retreat and never surrender!

NoWorries
    GOD

• Not always

Only if you advertise

Yes there is

Fighting isnt good though

Fortune cookie claptrap

But if it is not cloudly I can see the sun and its daylight and it is a star so calling BS on that one

No, being able to do the thing you want to achieve does

Had Custer retreated he would have lived instead of needlessly dying, more fool him
    R Tape loading error, 0:1
    gary
    DEMIGOD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Information