Ascension!

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn
Tess
GOD

Re: Ascension!

Post by Tess » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:23 pm

SpiteAndMalice wrote:Given the proposal for changes to the social ranking system, I thought I'd bump this thread and ask; Are there ideas and suggestions within it that are still valid and could be made use of within any new system?
I dunno, but I'm certainly suddenly feeling very nostalgic for those days when everything seemed possible :)

NoWorries
GOD

Post by NoWorries » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm with you Tess. Some subsequent "Ascension" themed threads that followed this original thread:

Incarnadine

Post by Incarnadine » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:21 am

Social progression seems dead.

i wanted a world where as a wizard king i would marshal troops to invade realms loyal to other Gods otherthan my own. we would destroy their shrines and break their armies. making our God more powerful in return for our service and offerings our gods would bestow blessings in the form of gold gear and ascension upon us.

This all seems dead now to ascend you simply play and play. A big slice of hoped for action is unlikely to materialise. Sad but I cant complain ive got a lot of play out of this but if i backed at $1000 i might be disapointed to find my Godhood seems meaningless. And if being a God is meaningless then it stands to reason ascending to one is pretty meaningless too.
PRETENAMA

ustolemytiger

Post by ustolemytiger » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:29 pm

God is dead

orignac
GOD

Post by orignac » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:32 pm

I don't know if I'd say I felt cheated. We got spots in the Loremaster's Guide and some involvement with Allen on the fiction, and there was a lot of other creativity going around in the Gods forum. It's easy to blame the authors for not including the social functions early enough in the game's lifespan but their focus on building an underlying game that could support them first seems perfectly reasonable. KS is a risk, and the God players were aware that they weren't going to be lording it over other players all that much. Honestly, I'd say the Demigods probably got a worse deal because they didn't get to define a whole lot.

"Social Rank" is obviously dead as long as the playerbase is too small for it to be meaningful, and level-based progression basically means that God/Demigod status is just a cosmetic level indication, which is probably the best they can do at this point. Maybe we should write our own turn-based tactics game with the God characters in, because they've got decent potential. :)