What happens to the game if I'm disconnected?

Discussion about all things related to Chaos Reborn

• Hi all

I've just been getting into Chaos only recently despite backing it on kickstarter and I was wanting put more into the multiplayer side however I've been getting a lot of "connection terminated by remote host" errors (or something like that - I don't have the exact phrase on hand at the moment). For now I am putting this down to my flaky internet connection but what I would like to know is if this happened while in pvp what happens to the game for the other players? Do I effectively surrender or does it kick the whole game? it's happened in realms with ally / invader players but haven't been able to catch up with them afterward.

I would like to start the duels with guilds etc but don't want to balls it up for everyone else.

Thanks
    bejebus

• tl'dr - No worries. Your disconnection doesn't ruin the game for everyone else.

If you get disconnected in a live match, your turn timer keeps going until it expires and our next opponent's turn begins. If you can log back in, you can pick up your turn where you left off, minus the time you missed because of the disconnection. If you cannot log back in to the game and are unable to take an action for a full turn cycle, then your wizard forfeits and the match continues if there are 2 or more opponents remaining.

As an alternative to live matches, you can participate in League matches asynchronously where you will have two full days to complete each of your turns. This is the best way to reliably find 3-player and 4-player competitive matches, too. You can have up to 101 asynchronous matches going at a time, and the turn-timer allows you to play competitive gameplay in the spare moments of a busy day. Just be careful about stacking a lot of async League matches if you anticipate a 3+ day holiday without a computer, as you will time-out and forfeit your matches.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

• Ok great - thanks for the quick reply. Looks like async matches might be the way to go then.
    bejebus

• NoWorries wrote:Just be careful about stacking a lot of async League matches if you anticipate a 3+ day holiday without a computer, as you will time-out and forfeit your matches.

Another option is to look in the 'Custom' games area of the UI. There's often matches taking place there with upto 6 players (so a little closer to the original Chaos experience) and you're not necessarily tied to that 2 day turn time limit as matches can be setup with a timebank of upto 30 days instead.

Plus you can see exactly what game(s) you're joining an who with (it's a great way to setup matches with friends), and you can also create games with your own prefered match conditions.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Every time a wizard disconnects an Agent of Hegemony gets his wings.
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

Return to General Discussion

Information