Rematches causes Random Staff but not Maps

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• Have noticed and not sure if this was mentioned but:

Under the current version - Online matches with players/AI etc. under classic chaos or classic law produces random staffs per rematch.

BUT it does NOT produce random maps per rematch

Surely it would make more sense to have random staffs and random maps per rematch to make the game more interesting for players.

It would also change their tactical thinking as well
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

• especially if your choosing random map as your map option.

1+
    anjovi

• Good spot +1

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We'd love to embrace you!

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• Do the maps not randomize upon re-matching in all formats? or is it just in custom games? it's possible the custom lobby setting wasn't set to 'random map'.

I think there's a few things regarding the matchmaker (and custom lobby set up) which haven't been addressed yet.. things like the turn order not being randomized anymore etc.

I would hope maps are randomized for rematches in ranked (I've never tried re-matching) ..turn orders should be randomized every rematch to (even in customs and most definitely in ranked).

I think these features would help make 1v1 competitive (ranked, custom and duel)..

1) Restore the correct sized maps for the format (not the novelty sized maps modified for duel mode)
    2) Randomized turn orders (so the host doesn't always have first turn advantage)
    3) Randomized map upon rematch (unless it already does so)
    4) 2 min turn timers for Duel mode
    Mazy

• Mazy wrote:1) Restore the correct sized maps for the format (not the novelty sized maps modified for duel mode)
    2) Randomized turn orders (so the host doesn't always have first turn advantage)
    3) Randomized map upon rematch (unless it already does so)
    4) 2 min turn timers for Duel mode

+1 - This is all pretty basic stuff that really needs sorting out.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• MattyRasker wrote:
    Mazy wrote:4) 2 min turn timers for Duel mode

Nice try Mazy ;)

Being honest though, 90 seconds for me is the perfect time and wish it was available for all modes

90 seconds makes the game unplayable for me. Even at 2 mins I end up timing out more often than not. It's then stress rather than a fun experience for me.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

• SpiteAndMalice wrote:
    MattyRasker wrote:
    Mazy wrote:4) 2 min turn timers for Duel mode

Nice try Mazy ;)

Being honest though, 90 seconds for me is the perfect time and wish it was available for all modes

90 seconds makes the game unplayable for me. Even at 2 mins I end up timing out more often than not. It's then stress rather than a fun experience for me.

Interesting. I find 2 minute games a little slow, 3 minutes I've always found incredibly slow and boring. 90 seconds for me is the sweet spot. Gimme 1 minute turns any day though :D
    MattyRasker

• MattyRasker wrote:Interesting. I find 2 minute games a little slow, 3 minutes I've always found incredibly slow and boring. 90 seconds for me is the sweet spot. Gimme 1 minute turns any day though :D

The difference is; with a slow turn time, you and your opponent still have the option to make turns quicker. The opposite isn't true is the time limit is too short for you.

And just imagine if the all competitions available to enter were slower than you prefered... that's the current situation in reverse for anyone who prefers the 3 min matches.

SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information