Guilds - Visibility

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:51 pm

• I'd just embrace the obtuseness of it for the meantime. I've just been sending invites to duel players who rank in the top 3..adds this mystique to it all, receiving invitations for guild initiation when they make their presence known on the charts. :lol:

Kind of reminds me of the early days of realms when everyone was posting forum chat regarding talismans and which realms you could find them in.
    anjovi

Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:20 pm

• I'd be leery about sending invites without context. In my experience, unsolicited offers generally get categorized as spam.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:07 pm

• Would it be possible to list the guilds in a news message each with a join button next to the name? Perhaps with a paragraph or link with more info?

In any case I think it would help if you could join or at least request an invite from within the game natively.
    bejebus

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:51 pm

• bejebus wrote:
    In any case I think it would help if you could join or at least request an invite from within the game natively.

I think that's a big part of the problem there - How is a player who wishes to join a guild supposed to actually join that guild?

At the moment it relies on contacting an existing guild leader (or guild member who can pass on a message) but the information stating who that is or how to contact them isn't visible to player anywhere within the game.

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:17 pm

• Also keep in mind that, having just opened up the game to localization, the main way to locate and request to join a guild right now is by creating an account and posting in an English-only forum. Though for many, just having to create a forum account is enough of an impediment.

One Theme to rule them all, One Theme to find them, One Theme to bring them all and in the Chaos bind them.
      NoWorries plays as Baldr, God of Wonder & Progress | Compete together with Baldr in the Order of Baldrlux
    NoWorries
    GOD

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:02 am

• I suggest on General Chat in-game that players check out Orders and Guilds in the forum. In 1v1 friendly duels or realms I'll pitch for Hegemony specifically.

I'm trusting that the ability to identify if a player belongs to a guild will be granted in the next update. I'm not intentionally making pitches to guilded wizards, honest..

Current thinking is to find pc gamer forums or boardgamer forums, steam, etc. and promote CR and my guild. There are local gaming centers for pc and tabletop where I'd like to advertise too. Recruit 'em before they own the game if I can. :mrgreen:
    GlassJaw, Agent of Hegemony
    Glass Jaw

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:39 am

• Glass Jaw wrote: Recruit 'em before they own the game if I can. :mrgreen:

Genius in its simplicity :D

The Guild of the Cephalopods is now recruiting - We embrace all.

- Chief Tentacle Arranger in The Guild of the Cephalopods.
    SpiteAndMalice
    DEMIGOD

Previous

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information