A possible tweak list for custom game rules

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.

• So my goal here is to simply post a hypothetical plan to polishing the custom game rules, which would be feasible to implement as well as exciting for players. Going to generally cover features that are already coded improve the ease in which it can be worked in (though of course, anything could be greatly complicated despite the seeming simplicity of it) Any input on agreement or features that you'd rather see prioritized is welcome!

Generally, I feel that stackable taboos is a brilliant way to incorporate customization options to the game in a way that is in the spirit of chaos. Nothing to change about this.

*Challenged and tweaked to address oversights (see below)
    -For objectives: Particularly for 'use spell' objective, let the maker stack them like they do taboos. for example: if i click 'use spell' and choose 'use goblin' and 'use elf', I would have the option to use either a goblin or elf to kill the opponent. In the case that multiple spells are used, disable the creature spawn at the start of the match (2 spells should give you enough chance to summon one) Being able to add limitations to what spells players can use to kill along with what spells players don't get at all would both work together in a way to make make for a great amount of custom match scenarios imo.

-For 5-6 players: allow for the ability to play on the proc gen maps (even if they are only for a size of 4) I feel that having the option to play on proc gen maps, regardless of how cramped it could get, is better then not being able to at all. The maps are plenty big, especially if you plan to have teams. Though I can imagine the reason why 4 player proc gen got implemented at that point was due to it all being already functional in realms mode, so this might be relatively difficult to work in.

-For matches with rewards, disable the rematch option. I love that i can currently start matches w/o being in the match as i can give players the option to compete for w/o me having to compete in every one of them. There was one time were i was able to start up 2 matches were i pit newer players vs challenging ai opponents (with use of taboos) for prizes. The only downside is that i couldn't control whether they got to replay it over and over for more goodies if the challenge was too easy (fortunately, being an only neutral, and only law wizard duo proved unequipped to deal with undead AI wizards)

-Adding Async, of course.
    Last edited by anjovi on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    anjovi

• anjovi wrote:For objectives: Particularly for 'use spell' objective, let the maker stack them like they do taboos. for example: if i click 'use spell' and choose 'use goblin' and 'use elf', I would have the option to use either a goblin or elf to kill the opponent. In the case that multiple spells are used, disable the creature spawn at the start of the match (2 spells should give you enough chance to summon one) Being able to add limitations to what spells players can use to kill along with what spells players don't get at all would both work together in a way to make make for a great amount of custom match scenarios imo.

I agree but the objectives don't work as far as I can ascertain.

With the tutorial if you kill a wizard with a magic bolt in the objectives then you get a message at the end.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 475623CCD/

But its not working in the game setup at the moment.

Also how would it work with 2 to 6 players.
    A Chaotic Wizard in a Chaotic World
    Grythandril

• err....good point

That considered, how i'd revise the objective business is:
    -Remove 'use spell' objective, and replace it with an 'Kill with' option
    How it works:
    Set 'kill with' for player 1 to (elf,eagle)
    Set 'kill with' for player 2 to (bolt, sword)
    Set 'kill with' for player 3 to (skeleton)

In the battle:
    Player 1 will see the following objectives: -Kill player 2 with bolt, sword
    -Kill player 3 with skeleton

Player 2 will see: -Kill player 1 with elf, eagle
    -Kill player 3 with skeleton

and Player 3 will see: -Kill player 1 with elf, eagle
    -Kill player 2 with bolt, sword

*Notes:
    -The font can match the player's color in game
    -The player can simply be invulnerable to other attacks (you can have the attack happen but at a 0% chance)

Of course, heavily customized games can lead to too much info, but this should be left up to the discretion of the game creator to make clever use of the options to avoid clunkiness (example, even though i can stack every taboo, doesn't mean i will ever do it)

Kind of escalated a bit, but it might be the best solution. Keeps things simple to convey and understand for players, while adding a great amount of customization (taboos and invulnerabilities alone would drastically increase the customization of custom rules) It makes no sense to allow players to kill players with the wrong spell, thus causing a fail state for both parties. Why not just frame it as an Achilles heel?
    anjovi

• May want a default basic option setup and then a tab or button for Advanced Options.
    Glas Masv, Child of the Light-Eater, Ascendent Metamorphic Singularity; MastrMynd of Hegemony

Join Hegemony! Original PvP/Realm/Lore Guild.

Send a PM or contact Glas Masv aka GlassJaw in-game or on Discord to Apply.
    Glas Masv

• I honestly think that you wouldn't need one for the proposed changes. Functionally, the menu items for the 'kill with' idea would be the equivalent of setting taboos (though in a way that allows the game to do all of the book keeping via "objectives" that appear once you start the match)
    anjovi

Return to Gameplay Discussion

Information