should gooey blob kill?

Discussion and questions about the latest version of Chaos Reborn. Not for bugs, but for comments about the game play.
worto03

should gooey blob kill?

Post by worto03 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:20 pm

The old gooey blob used to be so much fun - I remember endless battles with 3, 4 or 5 creatures trying to rescue a trapped creature in the blob now it seems if your creature doesn't get out in one or two turns the blob randomly kills it :(

OK - new game new plans I'm loving it either way but for me the great difference between magic fire and gooey blob was always that the fire would kill you instantly but the blob would just trap you (oh and that bug where if you got an illusion trapped you could rescue it and it would have turned real but I don't expect that to stay!)

wizard1

Re: should gooey blob kill?

Post by wizard1 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Good point

I personally quite like how it works now however, as it spread less but is more deadly

krayzkrok

Post by krayzkrok » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:30 pm

It may have been done to prevent instakill on blobbed wizards. Now you at least have a chance to escape or the blob to die before it kills you. I am still hoping we see magic fire though (though it should have a greater chance of fizzling out than the original version!).

SlipperyJim

Post by SlipperyJim » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Some players aren't in this for a win...

Some players just want to watch the world burn...

;)

Regards,

Jim
The Battlemage!

gary is my master now...

Current Unicoin Total: 54.2

Twitter / Steam: SlipperyJim72

Nephryte

Post by Nephryte » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 am

Regardless of whether it kills or not, Gooey Blob seems to be spreading more aggressively now (in the new version of the prototype) than in the previous version, thus coming closer to its behavior in the original Chaos, which is good, I like that. :D

Strident

Post by Strident » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:21 am

I think that, as long as magic fire or equivalent is in the game, I'd personally be happy for gooey blob to just hold creatures (with a small chance per turn of a kill?) as it provides a distinct difference between the two spells.

Nephryte

Post by Nephryte » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:48 am

Strident wrote:I think that, as long as magic fire or equivalent is in the game, I'd personally be happy for gooey blob to just hold creatures (with a small chance per turn of a kill?) as it provides a distinct difference between the two spells.
Totally agree.

RafiRomero

Post by RafiRomero » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 am

I'm a long time classic Chaos player, and I love the new, deadlier blob <3
NB: I haven't had that much blob death, I don't want a high chance of death by blob, but some chance is fun. I agree that if the blob was too deadly, that'd be no fun.

Crayfish

Post by Crayfish » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:48 am

What do you guys think of the idea of having magic fire be just as deadly to your own creatures as the enemy? It would be another way to differentiate it from gooey blob.

Strident

Post by Strident » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Crayfish wrote:What do you guys think of the idea of having magic fire be just as deadly to your own creatures as the enemy? It would be another way to differentiate it from gooey blob.
I think giving it that element of danger would definitely make things more interesting.